Chapter 21: Remembering Snow

The next day Talia was banging on my room door which led out of the house. I got up to her thunderous loud shouting and knocking. Getting up I opened the door for her and told her to give me five minutes. After I was done brushing my teeth and doing my hair and makeup, I quickly slid on ripped black jeans and my flowy full-sleeves yellow top. 

******

I went upstairs back to my room where Talia was, with some cold pancakes and maple syrup with some fruit on the side and my loyal fresh juice, all in a tray.

I put the tray on my desk and gave Talia a bowl of fruit. Sitting down on my desk I was facing my bed and Talia sat there waiting for me to finish.

"So why'd you ruin my sleep?" I asked putting a pineapple piece in my mouth.

"I heard about what happened yesterday" Talia said and she looked at my red bruises on my wrists.

"Oh yeah, if it wasn't for Bryan, I'd wish I took those three hour classes everyday of tang soo do" I laughed, but Talia's face was serious. "What happened to you?" I said confused why she was so tense. Talia got up and came to me. I poured maple syrup in my little syrup bowl.

"Ash are you ok? Did he hurt you" She asked having a worried look on her face. I didn't understand why she was making a big deal of it because it was over.

"Yes Talia, I'm good, except for these bruises, but they don't hurt as bad as they look" I said looking at my wrists in disgust.

"Ok well... it's Chloe" Talia said, I looked up in confusion, Talia continued "Turns out Zack was adopted and he got in contact with his biological parents, her parents found out and now they have to go to court to see what's going to happen"  I stopped eating and looked at Talia, my eyes wide "And apparently Zack has been doing a lot of vandalism and theft, his real parents kept bailing him out of the police station, somehow. The parents record isn't good either they are local robbers and now somehow they contacted Zack and told him he was adopted"

I put down my fork and knife "Is Chloe ok?" I asked, after a while. Talia nodded "Her parents don't want her to get involved in it so she's staying over at Vanessa's for a couple days"

"We should go check on her" I said

"I was going over to her, but she said she just wanted to figure things out before meeting" Talia said

"Oh my god, she's going to be depressed if she keeps it all in her and doesn't let anyone help her!" I said

"I know Vanessa and her mom are trying to keep her busy, but Chloe's confused"

"All this happened and how did I not know?" I asked exclaiming

"Well after you left, her parents found cigarettes and a couple wallets in his drawer, and than Vanessa heard Zack talking to someone in the bathroom, on the phone, so she told Chloe and then well..." Talia's voice trailed off.

No one knew Zack was adopted except for Chloe's parents and now, Zack's biological parents told him, and of course he'll be mad at everyone especially Chloe's parents for not telling him. No wonder he was being rude to Chloe, he was rude to everyone but Chloe and yesterday he was a total different person. But that still didn't make it ok to do what he did last night. I felt bad for him and heart broken to know that my enthusiastic always cheerful friend was upset. She didn't even want us to help her.

"How about we go and meet her in a couple days" Talia said, looking at how dazed off I was with a worried expression

"Oh yeah we should" I said