Chapter 6: Diamond

Welcome to chapter 6

"Guys stop fighting, now!" A boy's voice shushed us both.

We both turned our heads towards the bottom of the stairs, there stood Ben, Bryan's little brother making a mad face. 

"Uh, hi Ben how was your summer?" I asked suddenly, Ben gave me an annoyed expression.

"Hi Ashley I came here to tell you that Aunt Anne is still waiting for you... but seems like your busy fighting" He said signaling to Izzy to come down who was behind us. Izzy skided down the stairs, then before going back next door, she said "Since you guys can't live a day without fighting...let me correct myself, keeping away from each other for even a day, and pull pranks on each other as an excuse to see each other" she sang and then cleared her throat and stood up tall "I, Izzy Davis, will always and forever ship you guys" she said darting out the house, I tried pulling her, but she was fast.

"Me too" said Ben running away, but I trapped him and Bryan caught him.

"Oh really Ben" He said holding him tight. Ben nodded laughing, then before Bryan could say something Ben stepped on his foot and ran away. Bryan shouted like a mad person, which made me jump. He bent down and pressed on his foot

"It didn't even hurt that much drama queen" I said. You could tell by looking at him that he wasn't in pain. Bryan quickly changed expressions and stood up.

"You're too good" he frowned. I laughed and went to meet Aunt Clarice.

***** 

I had been next door for two hours now and Mom and Aunt Clarice couldn't stop talking. I can't believe they aren't blood sisters, I always feel at home. Bryan came in the house and left in his gym gear, and I had almost eight cups of Apple tea now.

"Ashely come sit next to me, we haven't talked much today"  Aunt Clarice said patting on the sofa next to her. I slid next to her and Jack started crying upstairs in Ben's room, mom went to check on them.

"So, Ashley what's going on in that mind of yours?" She asked

"Nothing, it's just that everyone has changed a lot this summer" I said laughing

"Oh really what differences do you see in Me" she asked

"Well you seem a lot relaxed and happier this summer" I said, she placed her cup of tea on the orange and marble table.

"One reason might be not having to deal with you and Bryan's arguments every minute" She smiled "But I did miss you, especially this summer! " she looked at me like she was admiring me.

"Oh yeah, I noticed that as well, I finally got rid of my acne, and well I shed some weight" I said, she moved her head right to left "Yes dear you look beautiful, remember how your mother and I  told you, you were a diamond, when you had a meltdown complaining on how you looked" She said, I nodded remembering how upset I was when Cassie would bully me for having red spots on my forehead. After a while I didn't care what they thought, but I still wanted the acne gone. 

"You really are a diamond, inside and out, maybe people don't see it, but you are very worthy, our diamond in the rough." She said hugging me  "We are all diamonds just some of us are in the rough and need to be found" I hugged her back, then felt someone else's arms around me, my mom hugged me as well, but she wasn't much of a hugger so she let go, and poured some more tea for herself.

Suddenly the house door flew open and in came a sweaty, gross Bryan.  He looked at his mom hugging me and raised and eyebrow.

"Mom you're not seeing her after a year or anything" he said picking up an apple from the fruit bowl and munching on it.

"Just shut up and go take a shower" I said getting up and pouring myself water.

"Speaking of change, since when did all this happen" Mom said sipping on her tea and pointing at Bryan.

" Over the summer, thought I'd change gain some muscles" Bryan said plainly

"Because you wanted to be productive and stay fit during the summer?" Mom asked. She was all about productivity and a healthy lifestyle.

I snorted "Hah, more like trying to gain a couple dates with girls"

"No, but sort of looks like that's your aim this year" He shot back. I glared at him.

"Oh please if you weren't you wouldn't have girls drooling over you and you wouldn't ignore girls that were trying to flirt and talk to you" I pointed out

"I'm the one playing try hard to get" He asked pointing at himself, he clicked his tongue "Maybe I'd believe it if I didn't have to save you from rejecting Parker's date!" He shouted. And as soon as he did it I could see the regret in his face, good because he'll really wish he didn't say that. Mom and Aunt Clarice both looked at me.

"Boys are asking you out and you didn't tell me?" Aunt Clarice asked making a frown. 

"Yeah, because Ashley doesn't want you to push her because she's in love with Bryan" Ben was standing on the stairs and Bryan ran after him upstairs, trying to catch him, but while he did he was smirking, ugh that stupid smirk

I looked at Mom and she was smiling. Smiling! Why was this funny to her in some way. Aunt Clarice followed my eyes and looked at Mom, they looked at eachother and burst laughing.

I left the house rolling my eyes knowing what they both were about to say, and went to my room. I called Talia and told her Thursday was way to late and that she can come over tomorrow. Oh you are so gonna regret all this Bryan Miller. I sat on my desk and finished my math work I had to complete since I didn't finish in class. Good luck Mr. Bryan you're going to need it.

And that's a wrap! 

I personally feel like we all are diamonds in the rough... well most of us are. some of us and gorgeous on the inside and out. But I truly hate it how people get bullied for their weight or acne or something they are not responsible of, and just naturally have it. Though it takes time to do so for most people, we all should learn to love ourselves and except differences in others.

Be kind to everyone!

(p.s. you included) :)