Chapter 25: Pizza surprise

So what did you think about the last chapter. Thought? Advice?

I went over to the cashier with my dress, where Bryan had been waiting for me. Without looking at him, I put the dress on the counter and was taking out my wallet.

"I'm paying" Bryan said stepping in front of me.

"What no, Bryan you're not" I said. The guy from the changing room approached us and Bryan was staring daggers at him, blocking me from the counter.

"It's free" The guy said smiling at me

"that flirting won't work here, go flirt with someone else" Bryan said snorting

The guy rolled his eyes "Fine pay for it, I'm not even gonna bother, after how you talk" He said and just like that went away. Bryan was rolling his eyes in disgust an then paid the cashier. It was a lot of money for a dress and I felt guilty.

"We made a bet, it's way too much money for a dress" I said crossing my arms, while we walked out of the store, and the luscious fancy scent vanished.

"It'll be worth it, you looked gorgeous in it" He said shrugging. He made my heart bounce from one side of the ribs to the other, like voleyball. Calm down Ashley, please calm down.

"Did Bryan Millers just compliment me?" I asked sarcastically pointing at myself. He lightly chuckled.

"Did Ashley Davis just smile at me" He asked in the same tone. I rolled my eyes in delight.

*****

We had been starving after finding Izzy some raspberry pink sandals and now were sitting in a pizza restaurant. Bryan got the BBQ one and I had classic margarita. We were eating and talking and I noticed, Bryan wasn't chowing down the whole pizza in two minutes.

"So since when did you start eating like a normal person?" I asked

"I've always eaten like a normal person, you're the one who eats like an ant" He said, I kicked his leg with my foot and all he did was laugh.

Even though we had just made out a couple hours ago I couldn't get myself to talk about that topic unless he started, which he didn't. I didn't know what to say. Is he also confused? Nervous? Does he want me to talk about it first? Did he even mean it?! 

All these thoughts ran through my brain, while I acted like everything was fine and normal. The kiss had definitely made us closer, but I wasn't sure how close. I didn't know if he even liked me or not. He did kiss me first, but what if he just got caught up in the moment or something! Ughhhhh.

I hadn't noticed, but my facial expressions had changed and I looked like I was mad and upset. Bryan was looking at me, his playful smile gone. I just sat there not able to change my expressions.

"You ok?" Bryan asked

I tried nodding my head, but the damn head wouldn't move, so I spoke. "Uh..um..yeah..I-why'd you ask?" I said stuttering, suddenly.

"Look I-I shouldn't h-" Bryan was saying, but then someone out of no where sat beside him. We both turned to look at eho had interrupted, and it was no other than the lipstick brat who had decided to actually leave me alone this year, up until now.

"Hi Bryan...Ashley" Cassie sang scooting closer and closer to him by the minute, and giving me a fake smile. My blood was starting to boil a bit.

"Hi Cassie" Bryan said with his award winning smile.

"So remember we're partners for the presentation we have on the Nazis" Cassie said twirling a strand of her hair, that was probably dead thanks to all the heat exposure and products she put on it since fifth grade.