I started to walk in the direction of my favorite café, as if on impulse. I noticed, that each step I took, didn't feel like a hit at my stamina. I had energy. More specifically, I had excitement and adrenaline pumping through my veins.

Just that call alone, gave me all the energy I needed, to find my way back to her. I glanced back at my phone as I walked, remembering that I had put it on silent. And when I looked back at it, I saw the text from Ae-Young. The first one, in four days. Just the address of her workplace, you could find that easily with a Google search of her company, so it was nothing special. Except, it kinda was.

I looked up from my phone, then put it into my pocket so I could focus where I was walking. It was only about a five minute walk to the café I liked. But to get to Ae-Young, I'd probably have to take a bus, then walk some more.

I turned a corner, as I saw my favorite place. I rushed to get inside, seeing quite a long queue about to form. Though, I managed to get far enough ahead, to know I wouldn't be waiting too long. I looked at my surroundings, seeing the same old decor as usual.

This café has quite the calming aura, with a nature-themed interior. It always felt so peaceful, even when just taking a step inside the building. Though there was always constant chatter and the noise of the employees conjuring up, what I believe to be the world's greatest beverages, it still seemed so serene.

"Next!" I heard an employee shout, breaking me out of my thoughts, and into the real world. I stepped up, slightly embarrassed might I add. "What can I get you?"

As I was looking at the chalkboard that hung on the back wall, reading what was to offer, a thought suddenly came to me. Ae-Young doesn't like coffee. She told me herself, the second time we met, after bonding that is, st her place. I smile came to my face, as I recalled the moment.

"I have to confess, I don't really know how to make coffee. I'm more of a tea person."

I can't believe I almost forgot. I would've ended up getting her something she didn't like. But even so, what tea would she prefer? Regular black tea, fruit tea, green tea? Why are there so many types of tea?!

"I'll get an Americano and tea, both medium, please." I replied, trying to give myself some more time to think, before I got asked which kind. But that question didn't come, instead a more complicated one was thrown at me.

"And that would be a regular tea, with or without milk?" He replied. That question seemed to ignite many. I don't know if Ae-Young's vegan, lactose intolerant, or neither. I really....don't know much about her. I'm this head over heels for her, and I don't even know how she likes her tea.

"Without, please." I replied, guessing that would be the best bet. The man nodded, before replying with the price of the two. I barely heard him, as I was deep in thought. I took my card out, put it into the machine and put in my pin, all without thinking twice.

All that ran through my mind, was that fact that only now I've realised just how little I know about Ae-Young. No wonder she's reserved. I stood in silence for the next few minutes, as I waited on my order.

Once my order number was called up, I collected it and walked out as soon as possible, hoping that escaping the café would help in escaping my thoughts too. But unsurprisingly, they followed me. They followed me down the street and to the bus stop. They still remained while I took a seat on the bus, that took too long to arrive.

The continuous thoughts continued to tail me, all the way the Ae-Young's workplace. But as I walked closer and saw Ae-Young patiently waiting outside, the thoughts all but vanished. Except in their place, I found a knot in my stomach, giving me quite the uneasy sensation. Though it might be important to note, it wasn't from me.

"Hey!" I called out, grabbing Ae-Young's attention. I saw her head lift up slowly and peer around, in search for who was calling her name. Then, her eyes met mine. I gave a smile, and I could tell she was holding one back. But as to why, I couldn't say.

"Hey...." She replied, once she reached me. "I hate to say this, but I forgot to mention, I don't actually like-

"Coffee?" I stated, before she could finish. This time, I saw a small smile on her face. Though, yes, it may have vanished just as quick, it was there nonetheless. "I remembered. So, I got you tea instead. No milk though, cause I wasn't sure what kind...."

"Oh, thank you...." She replied, as she took the cup from my hands. "Shall we?"

A/N

Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter, as from the next chapter on, it's gonna get real interesting~

Have a lovely day/night~!! Stay safe~! 💜💜