| Chapter 16

I clung to Brian's arm as we walked through the festival

I clung to Brian's arm as we walked through the festival. It was loud but in a good way. Lively music played. People walked in groups through the crowd as they talked and laughed amongst each other. There were children who hurried along on their own clutching stuffed animals in their arms; the kids reminded me of Jun and me.

I remembered when we would sneak through the festival on our own. Because Jun was older, he was the prize winner. But every prize he earned was given to me with the biggest small on his face.

The first night would've been a great time to get a bear. Or two. You know, for the baby.

Still holding Brian's arm, I looked up at him as we walked. But he looked ahead. There was something on his mind.

My only response was to tickle him. "Brian."

He laughed, inched away from me for a second, then looked back at me with his golden eyes. "Yeah, Kay?"

"What's bothering you?"

Brian slowed our walking, weaving us through a small crowd. He apologized to the guy on his right when he bumped him slightly. The exchange was polite, he nodded, and sighed, all before looking back at me. When I moved to tickle him again, he quickly grabbed my hand. "Don't, please. You know I'm ticklish there."

"I know." I batted my lashes. "And that's why I'm doing it. So, tell me, what was it?"

Brian took in the biggest breath as we stopped beside the carousel. The line to it wasn't long, just a few smaller children eager to get on and a loving younger couple, probably in their teens. I glanced at them before looking back at Brian, patiently waiting for him to talk.

He took in another deep breath. "I talked to Jun last night," he said.

I blinked. "You called him?"

"No." With no hesitation, he shook his head and looked down at me. "I left you in the room and went over to his."

"Oh." I hadn't noticed he left. And considering I'd woken up laying on his chest, it didn't seem as if he moved at all. I thought we'd slept all night like that.

"Yeah." Nodding, he bit his bottom lip. "I just... you were so upset, I needed to know if there was something else bigger here that bothers you. I knew he would tell me." After, he closed his eyes and frowned. "Sorry, Kay, I just needed to know the best way to protect you and I thought if I knew it all, I could."

Is that all you did, though? That's nothing.

"Brian." I squeezed his arm until he opened his eyes. "Why couldn't you just tell me that? There isn't anything wrong with trying to talk to my brother to see what's wrong with me. I mean, you could've asked me—"

"Would you have told me?" He blinked.

And I hummed. He was right and had reason to run to Jun. I mean, I was always honest with Brian, but I wasn't open open like he was with me. Granted, in the beginning, he was as closed off as a bolted door at the back of a bank. But once he opened, he was there, he was honest, and told me everything.