Chapter 19

𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐟𝐞𝐰 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐬, 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐊𝐚𝐭𝐬𝐮𝐤𝐢'𝐬 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐮𝐧𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠. 𝐀𝐥𝐬𝐨, 𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐦𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐮𝐩 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬. 𝐈'𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐲 𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝.

"Okay, Kiddo!" Mirko jumped into the night train.

"Where are we going?" Izuku tilted his head as he sat down on his seat.

"Somewhere near Hosu, I think." Mirko guessed.

"Wait, you mean you don't know too?!" Izuku eyes widened.

"Our patrol is only at the outskirts. Besides, you've probably heard about the Hero Killer right?" Izuku stiffened. "The one who permanently paralyzed Ingenium."

The one who 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒂𝒍𝒚𝒛𝒆𝒅 𝑰𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒖𝒎. Those two words played repeatedly in Izuku's mind. It all makes sense now. He glanced at the scrap of paper he received from his fellow Support Course friends.

"Well, word has it he's around that area so the crime rate has been up, but you're still a hero-in-training. A capable one sure, but I'm not stupid and I'm not gonna push our luck" Mirko continued while tousling his hair up. "Don't worry Kiddo, we're still gonna kick some ass tonight-" The train came to a screeching halt, jostling its passengers and sending them crashing into each other.

"What's happening?!!" Izuku gasped as he stood up.

"Ladies and gentlemen, sorry for the inconvenience." The overhead speaker announced, "There seems to have been an emergency on the train line, please remain seated and wait for the heroes to solve this as soon as possible. Thank you."

"Great..." Mirko groaned as she slumped into her seat. "We're gonna be late at this rate-"

"Uh- Mirko-san?" Izuku spluttered, tugging desperately at her costume. "Outside..."

"Hmm?" She turned her head towards the train window. Her face turned serious as she got up.

"Come on Kiddo." She commanded, no longer her bubbly self. "Looks like dinner presented themselves on a silver platter."

~~~

Hosu was an absolute mess. Dust in the air. Blood and sweat reeked the city. Civilians panicked as they tried to escape the huge fires and crumbling buildings. Sirens could be heard wailing in the distance.

There were Heroes ranging from the usual neighborhood ones to ranking Pro Heroes were fighting giant creatures and fires while rescuing civilians.

Mirko and Izuku wasted no time getting to the town center. Buildings of different sizes were devoured mercilessly by the hungry flames.

"What the-" Izuku eyes widened as he saw what was happening below him. Two Nomus, one looking much like the one at USJ, wreaking havoc and decimating dozens of Heroes who tried to hold them off.

Izuku took a step back. Memories of the past event flashed into his head. The unwanted visitors. The creature which destroyed and nearly killed him and his teacher.

"No, no, no, no, no! This can't be..."

"What's wrong?" Mirko asked her nephew as they approached the scene. The streets were painted in crimson.