Wait for me ~C.L.~

A/n - sorry for the messed up updates// I had hella hw and shows 😩 // updates should be better now

Clyde Logan was the only man you ever had your eyes on. You've had a crush on him since the first day you laid your eyes on him back in preschool. There was something about him that just made your heart flutter. You couldn't control the feelings you had, they just happened.
Luckily, you happened to be the resident family-friend of the Logans. You got to see Clyde all the time, and you couldn't have been happier but there was something inside of you that wanted to get closer to Clyde. You wanted to be more than just a friend to him, but only in your dreams.
The Logans' hadn't kept you in the loop about their plans, so when Clyde was arrested you were devastated. How could he just run into a whole convenience store? Especially the one that everyone in town knew was there. You could tell something fishy was going on but you tried to not focus on that part. You needed to be there to support Clyde through this tough time, and, hell, support yourself too.
"How long do you think they're gonna keep you?" You asked, weariness clearly visible in your voice.
"I don't know, but it shouldn't be long."
"What would you describe as long?"
"Maybe about 5 months."
"5 MONTHS!!"
"You can wait, you have to wait," Clyde let out a long sigh, "Please wait for me, darling." The term of endearment didn't go unnoticed by you, if anything, it was the only thing you paid attention to. Here he was, the man of your dreams, telling you to wait for him. The blush that was evident on your cheeks could not be ignored.
His trial terrified you, though you looked forward to it. The trial allowed for you to know the amount of time it would take until you got him back. It would be the end of the night terrors of not having him back for years.
Clyde wanted you to sit up in the front with him during his trial, something you thought was a little strange since his family was in the back. You tried to convince him to let you just sit with them, but he wouldn't have it.
"Clyde, it's better if I just go and sit with them back there."
"No, it would be worse. I can't handle thinking you're that far out of my reach." For some reason Clyde could just do anything to get the butterflies in your stomach churning. Those butterflies were quickly replaced when the judge gave his sentencing. Instead there was this churning feeling of sorrow and dread.
When the judge uttered 3 months, you had no idea how to take that. 3 months wasn't terrible, hell, you've been going this long without actually being with Clyde. But 3 months without seeing him everyday, 3 months without hearing his voice; you weren't sure you could do that.
Before he was taken away, Clyde turned to you and looked you directly in the eyes. The look in his eyes seemed so warm, so pure, so genuine. You let the warmth of his gaze take over your body, and let it flood your senses, "You'll wait, right?"
"Forever and always."
"Great, I couldn't lose the woman I loved." The comment took you by surprise, you were so surprised that you didn't have enough time to respond. The action you did next was done in complete instinct.
"I LOVE YOU TOO." It came out way louder than you'd wanted it to, you realized as it caught everyone's attention. Your cheeks flush a little.
As Clyde was being taken away, you saw his cheeks were completely red and the smile on his face was the hugest you'd ever seen. That's when you knew, no matter how long it would take for you to get him. You'd wait for him, and you knew he'd wait for you.