[66] ✽ Harsh Reality ✽

Start from the beginning

"We were just discussing stuff."

She narrows her eyes, "then you should be talking, not staring at each other like that."

"Mom." Seokjin groans.

Mrs Kim throws her head back and laughs, "I am just teasing you! Do any of you need my help?"

Seokjin shakes his head and begins to push his mother out of his room while she pouts. It was a rare sight to see an intimidating woman try to be playful with her son.

Just as she is nearing the door, you stand up.

"Wait! Seokjin, let your mother stay. I think- no, I know she will be able to help us."

Seokjin frowns at you.

"What?" Then his eyes widen, "are you serious Yuna? It could be dangerous."

"What is?" Mrs Kim asks in confusion.

You quickly grab her hand and tug on it, "we have to. I know your mother is very wise so she can help us."

Seokjin shakes his head and pulls back his mother on her other hand.

"No. We should not. It can lead to more problems."

"Seokjin please, we need to try everything we can."

But he pulls his mother again, "I said no-"

"Enough."

Mrs Kim silences the two of your bickering as she stands in the middle, shrugging her hand off Seokjin. You gulped, wondering if she was going to scold you for troubling her.

"I'll stay and help Yuna. It's my final decision Seokjin and you cannot deny it."

Seokjin stared with wide eyes at his mother and you before he sighed and pinched his nose in resignation.

"Fine."

"Good. Now tell me what is the problem?"

Mrs Kim steps back and pats your shoulder before taking a seat on the couch. Seokjin takes a seat on his bed and pats the space beside him. Your cheeks flush warm because you know his mother was watching the two of you.

So you cleared your throat and walked over the couches, taking a seat opposite Mrs Kim.

"Yuna, would you like to start?"

Seokjin's sarcastic voice makes you chuckle.

"Yeah. So we are in another problem, similar to what happened with Seokjin some weeks back."

"Problem? Do you mean the case with my son's almost engagement?"

"Exactly. But this time, it's with um, Jeon Jungkook and Kim Eunji."

Mrs Kim seem mortified, "you mean that slut is trying to seduce my son's friend because she failed with my son?"

"I guess so," you awkwardly nod.