Shoving my way out the lobby doors, the cold Thanksgiving air wrapped around me as I stumbled towards the boy who was just about to enter the fancy car. "Blake! Wait!" I called out his name.

Freezing, he turned around in his footsteps.

I covered myself up even more as I walked faster towards him. Once I was near him though, I didn't want to ever remove himself from me. He smelled so fucking good and he looked even better.

I hated him or I was supposed to right now—but fuck it this was going to be a great mistake to make and I would enjoy every single second of it.

"Yeah, Barbie?" He asked.

Mustering up all the courage and the confidence I had in me, I smiled. "Uh—do you want to walk me back up to my apartment?" I asked. He rocked on his feet for a second but then smiled at me.

"I thought you'd never ask," He teased. Nodding for me to walk, I frowned on the inside. Right—stupid me of course he's not going to hold my hand to walk four fucking feet. Okay, slow steps—slow progress. Slowly forgiving but never forgetting—I could do this.

I loved him enough—I could forgive. I couldn't hold it against him forever.

This was growth—this was time for me to live and to learn. Sure the average person hadn't gone through what I had gone through—but here he was, trying to show me that he didn't mean to do it.

Scanning my key fob, I reached for the door but he cleared his throat before my hand could touch the handle. "What?" I asked looking backward at him. Him standing behind me. He looked so fucking hot.

"Since when have I ever let you open doors? Get the hell out of the way," He pushed me behind him as he ripped the door open. Giving him a sarcastic smile, I took a step inside before him.

"Better?" I mocked as he laughed. Nodding, he motioned for me to continue walking. Stomping my entire way up the steps I reached my apartment door. He leaned with his back against the wall across from my door.

Opening the door I took a step inside, looking back at him he was giving me a knowing smile.

Yeah asshole, my tough demeanor was cracking—shut the hell up.

"Can you reach something for me in my closet?" I asked, biting my lip. Uncrossing his arms, he chuckled, shaking his head as he walked past me into my apartment.

He had to sprayed pheromones on his fucking body today because I wanted to climb him like a rock wall.

Shutting the door behind me I followed him into my apartment. He stood by my bedroom door as I motioned for him to open it. "Right so go into the back of the closet and grab me the box that's all the way in the back." He nodded.

Kicking off my shoes I lay on my bed.

If only he knew what would be in the box he would be grabbing.

"This tiny postcard box-looking thing?" He called out. Calling out yes to him, he stepped into the doorway of my closet, setting it on my dresser right next to the door. Raising his arms, he held onto the top of the doorway. The bottom of his shirt rose a little, and fucking hell I think I saw heaven flash before my eyes.

Okay.

This is it.

"Anything else, babe?" He smirked at me as he watched my eyes roam over him.

Right—okay. Anything else.

Anything else at all.

"Um," I tried to find words.