25

Brisbane Australia, 11:00 pm.

Jake is sitting on his bed and just zoning out. He's thinking about Sunghoon.

It's getting hard for the two of them day by day, especially for Jake. He got used to seeing Sunghoon everyday, adjusting is hard.

Suddenly, a knock on the door disturbed Jake.

"Come in" Jake said. The door opened and his parents came in. They sat beside Jake.

"Why?" Jake asked.

"We have to tell you something"

"Is it a bad news or good news?"

"I think it's a bad news"

"Then don't tell me" Jake said and crossed his arms.

"Son, you have to know this" Mrs. Shim said. Jake sighed and signaled them to continue talking.

"Our company is slowly losing our sales.. and we need someone to work with"

"So? Then go find a business partner. Why do you have to tell me this?"

"That's it, a business partner. I found a business partner but in order to work with them, you have to marry the heir of their company"

"What?! No! I have a boyfriend already!"

"Jake, please, this is for the company. For us, for you"

"It's only for you two! Not for me! Why do you have to do this?! First, you took me here even though I don't want to and now, this?! When will you stop controlling me?!" Jake shouted as his tears started to stream down his face.

"It's the only thing I can do!" Mr. Shim blurted out.

"No! I will not do it!"

"Yes, you will! Whether you like it or not!"

"What kind of father are you? You're letting you son suffer because of the damn company!" Jake shouted again. Mr. Shim's blood boiled and can't control himself anymore.

A harsh slap landed on Jake's cheek.

"How dare you say that to your father!" Mr. Shim shouted. Mrs. Shim pulled her away from Jake.

"Are you really my father?! Huh?! As far as I know, my father is kind! You're not my father!" Jake shouted and ran out of his bedroom.

.

.

.

.

.

Seoul, South Korea. 9:00 am.

"Jake? Is that you?" Sunghoon rubbed his eyes and sat up.

"I missed you so much" Jake whispered and scooted closer to hug Sunghoon.

"I missed you so much too, baby" Sunghoon replied and buried his face on Jake's neck.

"What are you doing here? You should've told me that you're coming back so I could pick you up at the airport" Sunghoon said and pulled away.

"It'll be fast, I came here to tell you something" Jake said. His voice is so serious that it made Sunghoon nervous.

"W-what is it?" Sunghoon nervously asked.

"Sunghoon, I– I'm breaking up with you"

Sunghoon felt like his world stopped. His tears are streaming down his face while his eyes are focused on Jake. He felt like there's something on his throat, it took a minute before he can finally speak up.

"You– you're joking, right? Baby, tell me you're joking"

"I'm not, I'm serious. I will never joke about this"

"N-no! You're joking!"

"Sunghoon, listen to me baby. I love you, so so much. But I have to break up with you"

"If you love me then why would you break up with me?!"

"Because I'm getting married!" Jake shouted that made Sunghoon shut up. Silence came but after a few seconds, Sunghoon spoke up.

"To whom?"

"To the daughter of my dad's business partner. It was an arrange marriage but still, I have to do it"

"D-do you like her?"

"I love her. More than you"

"Jakey, no! Don't say that!" Sunghoon shouted and covered his ears.

"Sunghoon, listen to me! I am breaking up with you!"

"Sunghoon!"

"Sunghoon!"

"Sunghoon!"

"Sunghoon! Wake up!"

Sunghoon immediately opened his eyes and sat up while panting. He looked around and he's still at the condo. He looked at Wonyoung beside him who's looking at him worriedly.

"Are you okay?!" Wonyoung asked worriedly.

"I– what are you doing here?"

"I heard you making noises so I came here, turns out you're having a nightmare. Wait for a minute, I'll get you a water" Wonyoung said and ran outside. She came back with a glass full of water and gave it to Sunghoon.

"Care to share your nightmare?" Wonyoung softly asked as Sunghoon placed the water on the side table.

"I– Jake b-broke up with me. I thought it was real. Damn it"

"It's just a nightmare, it won't happen in real life"

"But what if it happened? He said in my nightmare that he's getting married to a girl, it was an arrange marriage but he loves the girl. Wonyoung, what if it happened?" Sunghoon asked. He felt his heartbeat racing by the thought of it.

"Listen, it won't happen. Jake oppa loves you so much, remember? It won't happen" Wonyoung said and moved closer. Sunghoon reached for her and hugged her.

"I'm so fucking scared right now" Sunghoon whispered and rested his head on Wonyoung's shoulder. Wonyoung sighed as she played with Sunghoon's soft hair.

"You need a rest. You've been stressing out yourself lately, maybe that's one of the reasons why you're having a nightmare" Wonyoung said. She felt Sunghoon giving her a tiny nod.

"I'll go now. If you won't sleep again, it's better to chill, yeah? I'm sure you can survive a day without studying" Wonyoung pulled away and ruffled Sunghoon's hair.

"I don't know if I can. Keep my stuffs away from me" Sunghoon requested. Wonyoung nodded and left the room.

As soon as the door closed, Sunghoon let out a heavy sigh. He rested his head on the headboard. His nightmare suddenly came in his mind do he immediately shook it off.

Sunghoon started the day by calming himself first, then he ate breakfast. He followed what Wonyoung said. He decided to watch netflix and chill the whole day while waiting for Jake's message or call.

:)