Guildmaster- Bane of the White Star

Start from the beginning

"Did the recruitment ad help?"

"Well, you got fifty more marriage proposals from it."

"I mean, with recruitment?" he asked.

"No, but, we got lots of donations. A whole lot. Your aunt can build that machine twelve times over now. Oh, we did manage to hire a doctor."

"Okay." That satisfied him enough. "Good. So, what's the plan today?"

"Neither of us can train like this, so we're going to hit the streets and go on a shopping trip for the Wayfarers... And my treasure chest."

It seemed as productive as anything they could do about now.

"Sure," Light said. "But, the thing is, both of our last names are kind of... out there. Won't it be hard moving through the streets?"

"Abujans don't have swarms of paparazzi or stuff like that. I want a break. Let's go out and eat till our stomachs pop."

"Eat what?"

"They have a sort of mini festival today, and we're going. Even though this is Abuja, they've got all the classics, too. Popcorn, ice cream, candy, food, popcorn."

"Okay."

A double knock came on the white hospital door. Light looked up.

Ribombee Xiang floated in the doorway. She folded her arms. Light's fur heated up.

"H-hi," he squeaked out. "We were just, uh, talking..."

"Ariel," Xiang said, "I trust that you are just talking?"

"I'm an Empress, you know. What I do with my cute gummy bear is up to me."

"I'll tell Mei," she warned. Ariel's ears flattened.

"Please don't..."

"Then you'll do it my way. Food and bed rest for the rest of the day."

"What? But-"

"Have a nice rest."

Xiang flung the door closed.

"Damn it," Ariel huffed. "I wanted to go out today. Everyone else is going."

Ariel deserved to go out there more than anyone. Light resolved to make it happen. His paws were better, almost completely. With the help of his training, he'd gotten stronger lately.

Flareon Light wrapped his paws around Ariel's and adjusted her grip. He turned over and heaved. He stood up with her on his back. Before, her weight would've snapped something. Now, he had confidence he could keep it up for at least most of the day.

"Light?" she asked.

"You're going," he said.

"But Xiang said-"

"She won't notice."

"This is... the hottest thing you've ever done... Aha..."

She gave him an idea; Light heated up his fur. He hopped down onto the hospital floor. Land Shaymin Ariel held onto his gray mane.

"We're running away together... Ahahha..."

Ariel had a thing for the romantic, but, more importantly, life was short. He wouldn't miss today, and sure as hell wouldn't let her either.

________________________________________________________________________________

Before they left out, Ariel wanted Light to wear his hoodie, black shirt and leggings, and white star earring. He obliged. Again, she pawed at his ear as they left the hospital. She continued to do so as he walked through an empty front lobby, with the exception of a Slakoth sleeping at the front desk.