Chapter 1

Broken And Dead - Chapter 1 - Chapter name not yet decided

Percy's POV

Argus was driving us to Olympus. There's some kind of ceremony happening and they needed us for that. The War was harsh, really harsh. We won in the end, but we lost more than we could bear. The seven is no more, now it's just 3. Only me, Annabeth and Piper, survived.... A lot of demigods, including Jason, Hazel, Frank, and Leo, gave up their lives.... just for us the survive another day......Olympus called me, Annabeth, Piper, Nico, and Will. They have agreed to give us all - Camp Half-blood and Camp Jupiter - one year of peace. But I gotta bad feeling about this so-called 'one year of peace'.

We all were tired after the war. We had a lot of sleepless nights. Others were already asleep. I think I'll also take some shut-eye now.

Time skip to them outside the throne room doors...................................................................................................

We didn't open the doors widely and enter; we entered through an opening of the door. So, as usual, the gods were fighting, so they were yet to acknowledge us.

But some gods noticed us like 1 or 1 1/2 mins after we entered. Like Hestia, Hades, Apollo, Demeter, heck, even Hera gave us a nod with a kind smile on her face in between her argument with Zeus. And that's unusual. Hestia invited us to sit near the hearth with her. We kindly accepted the invitation, sensing that the arguments will not end today or tomorrow.

Like I said already, we were all tired. So, Nico fell asleep a moment or two after we sat. Piper and Will are on the edge of the realm of Morpheus. Annabeth and I were the only ones who were the most awake out of us, but both of us knew if we just closed our eyes for a minute, we'll already be in the realm of Hypnos.

I saw Hestia give a small but urgent glance to Hera and then us. Hera noticed that and looked at us with a small look of sympathy. Hera then stood up.

"QUIET!" Hera shouted, I'm sure even if I was in Camp I would hear it clear and loud. Just from the shout, let's just say Nico woke up with a small start and we all became wide awake. Seeing that it kinda disturbed us, Hera mouthed a small sorry to us. You know what, a lot of things changed now that I don't find this abnormal now...

"Is this the OLYMPIAN COUNCIL or a FISH MARKET!" Hera shouted-asked, raising her eyebrows while emphasizing the words - Olympian council and fish market - respectively. Heh! Classic line. That made all the gods shut up for once and for all.

"Now, Young demigods, we have called you here for the reward ceremony. I know you won't accept the gifts if it's only for you seven, so we have promised the entire two camps to have 1 entire year of peace. Which the time might increase with negotiations if possible." Hera said, giving a pointed look to Zeus when he tried to open his mouth, which effectively shut his mouth.

"Let's start with Hades first. He's the eldest after all," Hera said with her pointed glare still fixed on Zeus, as if challenging him to open his mouth if he can. "What?!" someone - I mean, Hades shouted, shocked. "What happened, brother?" Hera asked, with a sickly sweet smile on her face that I don't think I can ever forget now. Something is going on, Hera's changed so much...

"No, not at all just... surprised, yeah... just surprised..." Hades said, calming down after his initial shock. "Well then, Let's start," Hera said, sitting back on to her throne. "Nico di Angelo!" Hades shouted. Nico stood up and went forward. He bowed.

Suddenly, Hades started fuming....fuming with anger. Okay, that's not how Hades usually is..... something IS wrong. "What happened, milord?" Nico asked, slightly confused. But now, if possible - Hades just started fuming more.

"I SWEAR ON MY NAME THAT IF YOU BOW TO ME ONCE MORE OR CALL ME LORD I'LL SEND YOU TO MY REALM!" Hades shouted all in one breath. Everyone was shocked. Except one - Hera. Something is definitely going on between them for sure!

Suddenly, Hera laughs out loud, amused for sure. Hades turned grumpy suddenly and facepalms. "You gotta be kidding me. You knew that would happen! Then why did you do it? Huh?" Hades asked, grumpy for sure. "Well Revenge is sweet after all, isn't it brother?" Hera replies with another question. This just confirmed it. Something IS going on between them and I'm not sure, but I guess it's okay for now change - but I hope it's a good one.

"Ah! I just told what you did, to Ria, nothing else, and now you're making me regret it! I hate you." Hades grumbled, frustrated. "Aww! I love you too, brother." Hera replied with a smirk on her face. "What? Are you the one who told Ria about that? No wonder! I knew Hera wouldn't have the heart to say that!" Some lady- I mean, Demeter said, confusing us again.

"Ah please, let's just carry on now.... I don't want another headache now because of it." Hades grumbled. "And that's why I tell you to eat more cereal!" Demeter said, triumphed. Hera laughed. "Now let's carry on dear, I don't think keeping them all waiting is good, they're already tired enough," Hestia said, kindly. "Sorry sister, I'll continue." Hades apologized with a small smile on his face. You know what I'm too sleep-deprived that I'm seeing things now....

Seeing Nico's shocked face, Hades said. "I'm sorry son, I just had a slight problem with those who bow or call me lord now. I'm very sorry son - it's just turned out to be a habit now." Hades said, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly. Nico would've thought he would never see the day Hades apologizing to him and smiling sheepishly.

"It's.... okay. It's okay, dad." Nico said, a small smile creeping into his face.

"Now let's continue. I, Hades, God of the underworld, offer you a chance to become the prince of the Underworld!" Hades voice echoed throughout the room. Nico was even more shocked! "Bu..b..but" Nico spluttered.

"It's your wish, my son, only if you want to." Hades said, gently as he can be.

You know what Hades and Hera have changed very much. I wonder what is making them do that? And what about that thing, Ria? What if she's an enemy who's trying to kill people or wait? What if she's an angry commander person who is very strong and is cruel, who is ordering Hades and Hera around! What if, wait, why am I telling 'what ifs' now? Aren't I in the Olympian Council for the Reward ceremony? Ah! Stupid ADHD!

"But father wouldn't that mean I have to be immortal? And I am mortal, so what would happen when I die then? Huh? Annnnndddd........ I don't think I wanna be immortal..." Nico says, confused and unsure at the same time.

"Well, no one said there cannot be a mortal prince of the underworld, now did they? And well, you will be named the first prince of the underworld EVEN after you die and well after you die the title 'prince' of the underworld will be then waiting for a new hero - worthy of the title and its gifts" Hades says, nonchalantly.

I really hope now that Nico takes this offer because this is forever going to be a one-time chance offer. We all waited for his answer. At last, he opened his mouth.

"I accept - milord." Nico said, but this time with a mischievous smile on his face that I have never seen! "You did it on purpose, didn't you?" Hades said, his eyebrow raised.

Nico laughed, a small actual laugh. It was like he was that old little Nico who is obsessed with Mythomagic.

"Hades, you do know that once he's the prince of the underworld - he'll be... he'll be the.... the heir of the underworld...."

A/N - Hope you liked this chapter, the updates are gonna be very very slow... but I hope you like it.

Alexis out!