Chapter 3: Normal School Days

Start from the beginning

All of us took a few minutes enjoying Mei's generous cooking before finally getting ready to head off to the first class session of the day.

(Timeskip)

The four of us are currently sitting in the classroom, waiting for Major Himeko to arrive.

Mei is conversing with Kiana while Bronya is just sitting quietly at the side, just as she always does whenever she isn't making Kiana angry with her remarks. I myself on the other hand, am sitting at my desk, studying up for the upcoming exams, which seem to be the hot topic this morning.

Girl #1: Can't believe that exams are just around the corner. I'm so scared!

One of the girls in the class said. Due to us being transferred here late in the school year, we only had a month worth of classes until the final exams starts, or as it is called here, The Valkyrie Trials.

It is the most toughest exam in the school, because it decides whether or not a student deserves to advance to being an official Schicksal Valkyrie.

Girl #2: Kiana, you're not worried? This must be really tough for transfer students

Kiana: Worried? I'm a natural-born genius! These exams are hardly a challenge for someone of my abilities

She declared with complete confidence. Or is it ignorance?

???: Confidence doth confer strength, Kiana. But the Valkyrie Trials are not to be dismissed lightly

A female voice spoke out from behind and we turned around to see a girl with bluish-purplish hair, wearing the school uniform and a pair of red coloured glasses.

She strides towards us with elegance and a refined aura around her.

???: As the ancient saying goes, pride goeth before the fall

Girl #1: It's Fu Hua-senpai!

Girl #2: She's always so elegant and dashing!

The girls in the room all murmured amongst themselves, completely mesmerized by the girl's presence.

Fu Hua, a senior student from the upper class. I've only run into her on a few occasions during my time at this school, but I heard she is the top student in the entire academy. Basically, she's the model student of this school.

Fu Hua: Gifted you may be, rushing headlong into a challenge is ill-advised. For impatience is the bane of success

Kiana: Hmph! I know all that!

Kiana stated with crossed arms, although I have a feeling that she's only bluffing.

Fu Hua: Apologies then, I may have spoken out of turn

As she said that, I could've sworn that her eyes darted towards me for a split second.

Fu Hua: Good luck with your exams