???: ...Wake up... Akiri...

Moments later, his vision had finally cleared up as the boy known as Akiri saw a familiar purple-haired girl, with tears flowing down her face and her hands tightly holding his.

Akiri: ...Sirin...?

He barely managed to mutter her name and her orange, starry eyes widened immediately as she saw that the boy was awake.

Sirin: Akiri!

She immediately lunges at him and wraps her arms around the boy tightly, as if he will disappear if she lets go. Seeing him alive made her feel a sense of relief, however, that did not stop her tears from flowing.

Akiri: Hey...

He weakly said as he returned the hug, embracing her still trembling body.

Sirin: I... I heard you scream... And when they brought you here, your eyes were closed, and I tried to wake you up, but I can't, so I thought that you're-

He places a finger on her lips, hushing her as he gave a reassuring smile to stop her from panicking.

Akiri: Hey, I'm totally fine... I'm just a little tired, that's all...

...That was a complete lie. He was writhing in agony. Burning, searing pain was felt all over his body, the result of the Honkai injections he had received, and the tests that they had ran on him. Every movement of his muscles, even the contracting of his lungs to breathe brings immense pain.

But he refuses to let the pain show and did his best to hide that fact. He knew that it would only make her worry about it, so he just kept his mouth shut.

Sirin: R-really...?

He just nodded.

Sirin: O... Okay...

The girl replied before letting go.

Sirin: Avrora... Agata... Bella... They're already gone... You're the only one I have left... I don't know... I don't know what I'll do if you're gone...

He then reaches out a hand and started stroking her long purple hair.

Akiri: I'm here now, aren't I? And I'm not I'm going anywhere

Sirin: You promise...?

He gave her a warm smile before giving his answer.

Akiri: I promise

.

.

.

Guard: Subject 51, you're up

A guard wearing protective equipment said as the door to their cell was opened.

Akiri got up and took a step forward, but he was stopped as Sirin grabbed his arm. He turned around and looked at her. Her face seems to say that she doesn't want him to go. She looked desperate, almost like she was begging for him to stop.

But he knew that is not possible. Their orders are absolute and there is no opposing their instructions. So he just gave her a warm smile before gently removing her hand from his arm and proceeded to step outside.

Sirin watches as the door slide shut with a loud thud and the boy was escorted by the guard, and they disappeared from view.

.
.
.

She waited for him, feeling nothing but anxious and worried. Worried that something would happen to him. Worried that it might be the last time she see him.

.
.
.

Ten minutes pass and she started to hear his painful screams echoing from the lower floors. She tenses up, feeling even more worried for him. Even though she had heard him scream before from last experiments, it doesn't make her feel better that he was in pain.