Epilogue

8 years later

A tired man rested his face down to his forearms unto the new desk of his new office. He already felt the massive weight on his shoulders after Hange retired and gave him the title of Commander of the Scouts Agency. Part of him wanted that Hange would keep her title after Erwin retired as well, but she earned her break.

Although he still looks young, he was almost in his thirties. He lowly lifted his head to see his title engraved unto a metal sign on his desk.

Armin Arlert

15th Commander of the Survey Corps

Never in his life would he have imagined that he would go from being a orphan with only two friends who was the closest thing he ever had to family, to having be named as the new Commander of the Scouts Agency.

Although he thought that it wouldn't be that busy because there has been no activity from their rival agency, Marley nor any other enemies in fact.

But if Armin hadn't known that he would have to sign papers so much in a daily bases, then he would have thought twice about the job. Armin believes that Hange gave him the job just to torment him. They would actually do that.

In the end Armin didn't really let all of these anxieties get the best of them, because he learned long ago that he should better focus on the good things in his life and stop being so pessimistic. He's gone through a lot of pain, both physically and mentally, but that's what people said that made him so strong. He was never physically strong and a lot of people were pretty surprised that man like Armin Arlert that barely passed combat training would be the highest authority of the Scouts.

What was that Hange said that night she invited you for dinner to surprisingly promote you to Commander?

"Every Commander should have the ability and capacity to Understand, and there's nobody better in that category than you Armin"

He remembered how he swore that he pissed his pants when she promoted him. Although Hange obviously said that he had a choice to be Commander, Armin still felt like he had no choice.

Nevertheless he loved his job as Commander

It's like being Hokage or something is what Armin thought

Armin looked over at his spacious desk and glanced at old photos of his friends Mikasa and Eren. Another where Sasha was feeding him enough food, one where Connie and Jean were helping him up because he was too drunk from a party. One where Hange and him were playing chess while Erwin was giving him hints from behind. But none of those made his lips curved up into a smile as he finally glanced at the photo of his two most beloved people in the world.

Annie and little Alice

It was the first ever photo of Alice. I took right after Alice's birth, she was being held on Annie's arms as she smiled towards her child.

His wife Annie Arlert, the woman that literally changed his whole life.

Up to this day he still can't believe the events of those months of when he met her. Of course Annie and Armin lived a happy life after the downfall of Marley, because if anyone knew Annie was a former Warrior who killed many Scouts agents, Armin wouldn't love that woman ever again.

He finds himself asking if what he did was the right thing, to keep Annie's secret. If anyone knew of Armin's situation, they would think that he'd be bearing a mountain full of guilt.

But the thing is, Armin didn't really feel guilty for his past actions, at least not that much. A lot of people would think of Armin as very selfless, but not that many know that he can as selfish as he is selfless. He couldn't bear to rat out his lover to the authorities, even though that many or even the majority would if what he couldn't.

After taking a deep breath and rubbing his eyes, Armin took out his phone and dialed his wife.

"Hey hon! What's up?" Annie said in a joyful tone in which Armin couldn't help but grin.

"Not much, I just wanted to know when you'll be coming here?" He asked and he swore he could hear Annie's muffled giggle through the speaker.

Armin got startled when the door suddenly opened and a little girl came running down towards him. Feeling suddenly as if he were the  happiest man alive, Armin got up from his chair and took his daughter in his arm,. Giving her a loving kiss in the cheek.

"Surprise daddy!" Alice hugged her father

"How are you Allie?" Armin pecked her forehead

"I'm amazing! Mommy wanted me to surprise!" She explained as Armin laughed at her daughter's words.

"Working late again? Daddy?" Armin smirked as he heard his dear wife's greeting. He looked over his daughter's shoulder and gave her loving smile.

Annie walked over to her husband and gently leaned up to give her lover a quick kiss.

Annie let her hair grow out throughout the years, now reaching below her chest. Annie didn't like the long length so she would often tie it in her usual bun.

"We just wanted to visit before we go back home, we'll be leaving you to your work" Annie said as Armin shook his head lightly.

"No... I think I'll go home with my family" Armin gave on more kiss to his daughter.

________________________

The family of three arrived at their home, Armin was already ready for bed. Reading a the new book that Erwin had written about his life. He personally loved the parts where he was mentioned. Annie was in their daughter's room, tucking her in her bed.

"She's finally sleeping, I had to sing her a lullaby for like half an hour" Annie made her way to their bed. Armin placed his bookmark from where he left off and closed the book to place it on his nightstand. He turned his attention to his wife who was looking at him... no, staring at him with sleepy eyes and a loving smile.

"That's good... come here" Armin opened his arms and Annie didn't hesitate to move towards his embrace. Her hands settled upon his back as she pulled harder in his hug.

"Do you regret it?" Annie asked which left Armin with a confused look.

"If you mean the missing donut from the fridge last night, yeah I kinda do" Annie gasped at Armin's words as she pinched Armin's bare back. They both laughed in unison.

"No... I mean about our life"

Annie's question made Armin take a deep breath.

"The fact that I'm here in this moment with you in my arms. In the time where I have a beautiful daughter with the woman I love the most. Makes me regret none of the decisions I've made in the past... I love you, Annie Arlert"

He could feel his shoulder getting wet from what he assumed were his wife's tears, Annie clutched Armin's body harder, to make sure he wouldn't go anywhere.

"I love you too, Armin Arlert"

(A/N) Lmao I know it's been like over 2 months that this story has been finished but this epilogue has been on mind for so much time and I had to just write it down now.

Make sure to check out my ongoing story "The life ahead of us"

I love you guys byeeee!