22. Agent Leonhart

Annie's POV

"Congratulations, you're officially Agent Annie Leonhart of the Survey Corps" Commander Erwin congratulated me as he lent me the Scouts badge.

"Thank you sir" I said as I gladly took badge.

This wasn't a big ceremony, I was just in the Commander's office to get my badge because Armin suggested for me to become an agent and I agreed.

"Now what?" I asked the Commander.

"We already arranged an office for you right next to Armin's, and he'll be your partner as well, that is if you agree" He smiled as I chuckled at the news. I'll be working close to Armin, say less....

"No it's not a problem... thank you" I lastly said as I made my leave and left to my new office.

It feels weird, It's like I'm living a new life right now. It feels odd to live a life without sorrow and regret. I feel happy now that I can think for myself, no one is in control of me, I don't have to listen to no one anymore. I can now live the way I want, with the people I want.

Finally...

I entered my new office to find a surprising someone.

"Welcome to your new office!" Armin said as I smiled embarrassingly and rolled my eyes. He came up to me and hugged me from the side.

"You like it? I designed it myself" He showed me the office and I was surprised that I actually like it.

It was nothing fancy but just normal and smooth. It wasn't like Armin's homey type of feeling but it just felt like me.

"Thanks, I like it" I said as I felt him kiss me in the cheek making me go red.

"S-Stop" I stuttered as Armin chuckled beside me.

"Hehe I'm glad you like it, c'mon sit!" He said as he gently pushed me to my desk.

"Comfortable?" He asked as I nodded.

"Could be better..." I joked as Armin gave me puppy eyes 🥺

"Im kidding, I love it" I quickly said as Armin turned back to happy.

"Oh thank god" He breathed out as I chuckled.

"I can't wait for all the hot sex... I mean work I'm gonna do here" I joked as Armin laughed awkwardly.

"Okay okay, so your assistant will come over any minute now so I'm gonna leave" Armin said as he came towards and leaned down to peck me in the lips.

"Love you" He said as he left

"Love you too"

Wow... how my life turned around completely in the spam of half a year. I actually made real friends, I'm now working with the people I called an enemy, and now I'm in love.

I never thought that this would happen to me.

I hate how much I'm smiling lately, it's actually hurting me.