Prologue

Armin's POV

I woke up in my bed from a decent night's sleep. I sat up and stretched my arms as I yawned. I looked over the bed and didn't see my girlfriend. I just sighed deeply. She has been distant from me these past couple of weeks, I only see her sometimes in lunch and when we sleep.

Where did you go Historia? We've dated only for a few months, at first it was good but suddenly she was being distant from me. I haven't changed or acted strange lately so my conclusions go that she's probably cheating on me. Ugh let's be real who would want to date me?

I sighed as stood up, I was still shirtless as I made my way to my kitchen for breakfast. I prepared a cereal because I was too tired. As I was eating I got a message from my phone. I looked as it was my best friend Eren.

Freedom boi: Come to HQ early, Commander needs to talk to you 😬

Me: About?

Freedom boi: I don't know bro he doesn't look too happy... 😅

Me: 🙄Alright... see you then

I placed the phone back on the side as I kept eating. I couldn't stop thinking about my absent girlfriend again, I don't call Historia in these mornings where she leaves because she just doesn't pick it up or she says that she's busy. She doesn't work until the afternoon.

I shook my head from thinking of this topic and just thought about what Commander Erwin wanted to talk about, especially to me. It's not that it's weird, he calls on me many times for my advice as well as Section Commander Hange.

They both took in me in when I was in bad time. They said that I had potential to do great things in the Scout Regiment. Not just them, but my friends Eren, Mikasa, Jean, Connie and Sasha. They all helped me believe in myself.

I finished eating so I dressed up in my uniform and drove to HQ in my Mercedez, It's a good paying job.

I arrived at the Survey Corps HQ and found myself with Eren and Mikasa that waved their hands at me as I smiled and walked towards them.

"Hey guys" I said with a clear voice of tiredness. Eren and Mikasa chuckled.

"Did you sleep well?" Mikasa asked in concern like the mommy she is.

"Yeah I just worked over some stuff last night, It's whatever" I said as Mikasa and Eren glanced at eachother. I sighed deeply.

"Okay grumpy, Commander Smith is waiting for you in his office" Eren said as he glanced towards the way to the Commander's office. I nodded and smiled at them as I made my way to his office.

"Oh!... and Armin text me when you're done to hang out!" Eren shouted as I held up my hand as a response as I walked away.

I found a woman standing beside the big double doors of Commander Erwin's office. The messy brown haired mad scientist.

"Armin! Good morning brainiac!" She said excited as always that made me cheer up a bit and smile at her.

"Morning Hange.. is he in there?" I asked as she glanced at the double doors.