Chapter 65: Breaking the Law

*(Y/n)'s POV*

We could see the sun coming up in the clearing as we walked further. I wrapped the wrist ray on and Danny was carrying a duffle bag. "Oh no, here we go again." I said. 

"Get behind me." Danny instructed, placing his hand out in front of me. I backed away and saw his other hand glowing green. We saw a tiger-like beast lunging itself towards us from the bushes and Wulf tackled it to the ground. Wulf raised his left hand and claws etched out to scratch the beast several times. I closed my eyes with my hands over Danny's shoulders. I peeked my eyes open and watched as Wulf grabbed at the beast's tail and swung him around before it could escape. 

Wulf unsheathed his claws and Danny smiled, "Boy, he sure recovered quickly."  

"I'm telling you it was the berries." I said, crossing my arms in satisfaction. 

Later in the day, Wulf walked through the bushes and guided us to a beautiful waterfall. "Wow," I said in awe. Wulf crawled over to the lake and drank from it. Danny unzipped the duffle bag and filled a canteen. 

"This is pretty cool." 

"Sam did say that nature is full of surprises." I said, screwing the lid on my canteen after I filled mine. 

"So I've heard." Danny stood up to me and we waited until Wulf was finished. 

"Veni malantue." Wulf said and pointed towards the waterfall and we turned to him.

He hopped across the rocks and splashed through. Danny had me hop over his back and I held on to him as he carried me through the waterfall. "Another amazing wonder of nature." Danny said, and I was set down on my feet. We were drenched from head to toe and we saw a ripple of the portal ahead of us. "Okay, are we ready to break into prison?" We looked over to see Wulf scratching his claws at the walls to sharpen them. 

"I'd say that's a yes." I said, wringing the water from my hair. 

"Hold on, buddy." Danny said, putting the duffle bag down. "You can't rush in there, we have a plan!" I looked over to see a clump of black fur emerge from the bag as he held it out. 

"We do?" I asked, and then smiled. "Oh right, we do!"

Danny floated through the ghost zone with the duffle bag in both hands. You can probably guess who was stuffed inside the duffle bag. "No guards, we must be expected..." Danny whispered. When he flew through the doors of the prison, he let go of the bag and I didn't know what happened until I hit the ground. 

"Ow!" I harshly whispered without getting black fur stuck in my mouth. 

"Sorry...Wulf." Danny corrected, and I rolled my eyes, staying quiet. "...Whoa, suspended animation, looks a bit like the camp oatmeal." 

Camp oatmeal...?

I heard Danny scream out in pain and say, "Okay, not that way. At least I know everyone is safe." 

"Which is more than I could say for you." I heard Walker speak up. 

"You brought the whole gang to welcome me." Danny said, and I tried not to laugh from inside the duffle bag. "I'm touched. Release our friends." 

"Return Wulf to me." Walker said, and I felt the bag being lifted from the ground.

"Y'know, you didn't have to kidnap all the campers to get me to bring you Wulf."

"Perhaps not, but I did have to take the ones that stumbled across my search party in the woods. If only to keep them from shooting off their mouths." Walker began explaining why he was here in the first place. "We started looking out for Wulf, but once I learned you were in those woods too, I knew I only had to kidnap a few of your friends to get your attention. No matter, the end result is the same. I have your friends and you have mine."