Chapter 62: Claw of the Wild

*(Y/n)'s POV*

"Summer camp!" Sam exclaimed happily. "How great is this, (Y/n)? You get to experience your first camping trip with friends!"

"Did she just imply you had none before us?" Tucker asked me and I looked at them from across the aisle with my eyebrows raised. Danny and I were sitting across from them, leaning our heads against each others and holding hands. 

"Technically, given the record I had in my past school, she's not wrong." I grinned back. "I had a few, almost like you guys, but nothing concrete. I didn't stand out that much."

"Falling down the stairs for someone like you is enough for me." Danny said, and I blushed. 

"Oh, I - uh, well, thank you." was all I could sputter out. I noticed Danny was also blushing when we exchanged looks. "I'm glad that me being the weird kid with even weirder parents attracted you guys."

"Wouldn't want to have it any other way," Sam said smiling at me. 

A week ago, Sam invited me to her place that night we defeated Nocturn to settle the score and have a sleepover. I didn't want to, obviously, but I had no other choice. I didn't want our friendship to end like that.

Danny insisted I'd talk to her after we both talked things out too before I headed over and I told him how upset I was. He told me that he never intended to hurt me, and wanted to be loyal to me. Danny also said he knew that Sam had feelings for him, and there was, at one point where she promised not get in between us as it wasn't her place to be. We all know how that worked out. 

The three of us ended up making a pact together in person. No gray line to cross, and I intend to keep it that way. 

"We can go hiking, and canoeing, and exploring!" Sam continued through my thoughts. Danny poked at my face as he watched me trail off my own. I looked at him and nodded to let him know I was okay. "I can't believe you boys aren't excited!"

"Oh, I'm really excited." Danny said, sarcastically. I watched a paper airplane fly overhead and watched Kwan grab at it and folded it into a paper ball. "Now instead of spending 5 days a week with these losers, I get to spend two whole months." He threw it at Mikey who was playing a videogame in the back of the bus.

"I can't wait to show you guys all the wonders nature has to offer!" Sam said with glee. 

"Does it offer a movie theater?"

"Or a video arcade?" I asked.

"Now someone is speaking my language." Danny said and I turned back to him. I felt him kiss my forehead.

"Don't worry, you two." Tucker said. "You bring the anti-venom serum, I'll bring the arcade." He held up a few consoles in his hands and we perked up. He held up a game box and handed it over to us. "Here's all the nature we need."

"Rainforest Demolition II?!" Danny exclaimed, taking it from his hand. "Oh, sweet! Who wants to help me build a virtual Fenton acre?" 

"I do!" I held up my hand in response. 

Sam sighed and held up a brochure, "I'll stick to the real thing, thanks."

The brochure Sam held up said, "Camp Skull and Crossbones". What a fitting name it was for Lake Eerie. By the time we arrived at the campsite, it had looked nothing like the picture on the brochure. It was run down, old and the pier was broken. "Good choice." I said dryly as we looked out the windows. 

The bus rolled down the hill towards the cabins that had windows broken and everything just as run-down. We arrived in front of the mess hall and got out to grab our stuff. We all heard the bus speeding off behind us and watched the roof collapse before us.