🚔36|Red Lights|35🚔

"So neither of us are safe?"

"No." Mia sounded annoyed but had a right to be. Jeongguk pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed heavily before relaxing back down and thinking- "well fuck that puts a stop to our plans."

The other shrugged and looked back down, watching the tv. They're back in their hotel room and Mia wonders if maybe Rosetta knows that they're there. It's most likely that she has no clue but she might have a mini thought about it if she has been to Busan at all and realized Jeongguk was not there, and maybe Mia not being there either gave her a hint.

There isn't much Mia nor Jeongguk could do as of right now except try to sleep and wait to see if she knows. If she does it's over for them, if not then they still have a chance at getting what they need. What was that? Mia wasn't quite sure in all honesty, she just knows it may not end well for anyone.

"What do you think?" The other looked over and Mia looked back, wondering what he meant- "huh?" Jeongguk chuckled and stared at the ceiling again- "I mean.. what do you think of being here? I'm not sure how I feel about it. It feels gross and nasty and unsanitary."

The other giggled and agreed, "I did see roaches in the lobby earlier so it's safe to say this is the worst place to sleep but I did check around the room before we left and saw no insects so I think we'll be alright." Jeongguk chuckled and hummed, thinking while doing this. He has no clue how to feel about this whole ordeal.

Jeongguk thought over it, he really did and he realized why Jimin was so upset. Jimin was scared and worried that something bad will happen. Of course Jeongguk is worried about this, too, but he can't help that. He needs to do this and get it done.

"I wonder how your babies are..." Mia trailed off to a new subject, side eyeing the other, knowing Jeongguk got the hint and the male sighed and bit his bottom lip and chewed on it slightly while thinking of a reply. He thinks about them all the time. Even when they're just in the next room over he'll think about them. Jeongguk misses them.. a lot.

Finally a reply came out of his mouth, "I bet they're just fine. They're with their mother and he wouldn't let anything happen to them." Mia nodded, agreeing. That's true, Jimin would never let anything happen to them.

There was an odd silence. Not exactly awkward but just odd. Neither thought of what else to talk about so Mia rolled over and shut the lamp off- "let's go to bed."

Jeongguk agreed quickly and rolled over, their backs facing and he turned the light off on his side.

For those wondering, the two were sharing a bed, yes, but it wasn't awkward nor weird to either of them as they were good friends and neither thought much of it.

•••

"Wake up."

Jeongguk groaned and rolled over, the light in the room pouring in more and hit him directly in the face and he grumbled in a grumpy way but sat up and rubbed his eyes a little, yawning too.

Mia walked over and sat down the end of the bed and had her phone on, looking through messages and Jeongguk crawled over and looked over her shoulder and she noticed but didn't seem to care and she held her phone up so he could see, too.

They were messages from Rosetta.

"Gguk, she knows we're here." Jeongguk took the phone after she offered it to him and he read over the messages and a weird feeling flared up in his gut.

Rosetta:
You think you're so smart don't you?
I know you're here. You can't hide from me baby girl. I know where you are, too. Make sure to constantly sleep with one eye open. I'm watching both you and Jeongguk.
---

Jeongguk groaned again and rolled his eyes, handing the phone back to Mia and he sat back and rolled onto his back and grumbled loudly, making a quite annoyed noise. Mia sighed and turned her phone off and then grinned, "she must've felt so strong after typing all that out."

The other couldn't help but let off a chuckle because he found that funny. He could see it, too---Rosetta typing all that out, feeling like the most powerful human in the world.

"She must've felt as if she had all the power." Jeongguk laughed again and appreciated the other lightening up the mood with her humor

All thought this is a very serious situation... at least there was something to laugh about.