CONFINE (Ushijima Wakatoshi)

ابدأ من البداية

The countryside was like an entirely different world than the city was and, even if you preferred the city life, you could picture living here too.

But you always planned to return to the city when your two months were up.

"I can't thank you enough for letting me work for you," You said to the peppy woman facing you.

Okashi waved away your worries with a hand shining with a new coat of bright red polish on her long fingernails. Her lipstick was just-as-intensely red as her nails and her cheeks were dusted with a pink nearly the same color as her curly hair.

"No problem at all, darling! Not many new folks around here looking for work, and you're gonna need a place to earn money if you're gonna be saving up for only a few months, darling!"

You smiled up at her, your heart warming with gratitude, "When would you like me to get started? I'm free at just about any time- it's not like I have anything to be doing while here."

Okashi's response was a huge grin and a bundle of clothing being shoved into your arms enthusiastically. You returned her smile and hurried to the bathroom to change into what must be your new uniform.

Sure enough, it was a pink and white outfit, one that reminded you of one of those old retro diners. A white apron and simple light-pink dress. It was cute, in its own way, you supposed, but it definitely not something you would consider wearing outside of the diner.

You'd barely walked out of the bathroom when the light tinkling of a bell sounded throughout the tiny building. You weren't exactly sure if the diner you worked at was popular or not, but a glance at your watch told you the place had literally just opened. And, yet, there was a long stream of people happily chatting their way inside.

The majority of the customers were elderly people, like you mostly expected, but plenty were people around your age- college students, young adults, new couples, etc.

Okashi flitted around the store, talking to everyone with familiarity, seeming to know every person that entered the diner. It wasn't the first time you'd been a server, not by any means, but you were a little nervous to be in a place where outsiders weren't very common.

Soon, Okashi was pushing you towards a table, handing off your current one to another server, and saying "You don't have a boyfriend, right? Why don't you help out that table? Plenty of handsome boys your age!"

Clearly Okashi was playing cupid, but you humored her and walked over to the table. You had no intention whatsoever of dating anyone out here, since you'd be leaving them behind soon enough.

"Hello, my name is (Y/n) and I will be your server today! What can I get you started with?"

The tall red-haired boy at the table ordered first, then helpfully told you what his giant of a friend wanted. The man next to him was tall, intimidating, bulky, and angry-looking. From what you could tell, his peeved expression seemed more like a default one. Like he always looked so serious and imposing.

The other two males at the table, a gray-haired man with a smirk on his face and a darker-skinned man who smiled kindly at you, gave you their order and you scuttled off to grab the group's drinks, sweating under the intense gaze of the largest man at the table.

He scared you. You weren't sure exactly why, but he did. Maybe it was his size or his expression. Or maybe it was the aura you got from him or the way his eyes pierced through you and refused to even blink as you handed him his drink.

"Do you all know what you would like to order or do you need more time?"

The redhead spoke up first again, "No, we know what we'd like." He put in his order once more but, when he started to order for his larger friend once more, a deep, rumbling voice cut through his.