"Fine."

"Fine!"

As he was getting ready to leave, I suddenly felt a sharp pain in my abdomen. I grab my side and wince as it throbs more.

Micah glances over at me and stops in his tracks asking, "Are you okay?"

"I-I'm fine, just leave!" I open my desk drawer to see the usual bottle of ibuprofen I had was gone.

God, why now?

"You don't look fine, let me take you to the hospital."

I nod and hold my side as the pain becomes worse. Micah gets my things and helps me get to the elevator.

While he's driving me to the hospital, all I could do was curl up in the seat and cry at the excruciating pain I was in.

"It's going to be ok baby, we're almost there."

Even though I was in pain, I caught him calling me baby which did comfort me a bit.

After getting to the emergency room, they took me to the back with the nurses coming in.

"Okay Ms. Miller, we're going to have to give you a transvaginal ultrasound to confirm what we think is happening."

The ultrasound process didn't take long and shortly after, they gave me morphine to help with the pain.

As we were waiting, all I could think about was the worst. What if it was endometriosis or even worse...cancer?

Micah takes notice of me silently freaking out and takes my hand stating, "Hey, it's going to be okay."

"I hope so..."

"I know it will."

The doctor comes back in the room with the results and exclaims, "Well Ms. Miller we are back with the results. There is good and bad news...which do you want to hear first?"

"The bad."

"So the pain you were experiencing was due to a ruptured ovarian cyst. Thankfully, when we took a look at the ultrasound there was no internal bleeding in the ovary."

I sigh and close my eyes in relief. "Thanks for telling both the good and bad at the same time. Now, when can I get discharged doc?"

"Wait one moment, that is good news but that wasn't what I meant in particular. We saw in your blood tests that you have good progesterone levels meaning that you're ovulating greatly. Is having children still a-"

 Is having children still a-"

Dr. Sanders notices my expression and changes the subject stating, "Well...whenever you're ready you can be discharged downstairs at the desk. There might be some bloating within the next few days so don't be alarmed. Its not likely anything will happen but just to make sure, I'm advising that you have someone with you for the next five days."

"Ok, thank you."

The doctor leaves us in the room and there was an awkward silence before Micah takes out his phone, texting away.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm clearing my schedule this week."

"No, you don't have to do that, I-"

"Listen Kamaria, I'm not about to argue. I'm taking care of you these next few days whether you like it or not. Now pass me your keys so I can take you home."

Whew shit, he didn't have to put me in my place like that. Biting my lip slightly, I give him my keys. This is going to be a hell of a week.