Chapter 6

"Can you even believe he wrote that letter?!?"

I toss the letter over to Vivica as she sips her tea reading it. "So what are you going to do?"

"My assistant set up a time for later on today. I don't even know what I'm going to wear!" I start to pace around as I take my asthma pump out of my pocket.

She takes it from me and grabs my hands. "Can I tell you this?"

"What is it?"

"You're making a mountain out of a molehill. Look at yourself." She points out me pacing back and forth. "You're getting worked up for nothing Kamaria. I haven't seen you like this since I first met you."

"But Viv you know what happened in the past with him and how I felt."

"Yes, I do, but you're only thinking back about it and succumbing back to where you were years ago. You don't want that to happen do you?"

I shake my head no and sit down to try to calm myself.

"Now relax. Everything is going to be alright."

"Okay, okay. And why didn't you tell me you were retiring?"

She smiles softly and says, "I told you something big is coming."

"Oh you retiring was pretty big."

Her tone changes to a happier tone as she smiles saying, "That's nothing compared to what's coming up in the future."

"Want to share what it is?"

"I don't even know myself darling. It's just something marvelous is all I know."

I sigh and look the other way.

"Oh cheer up. Need help with finding something to wear to your "rendezvous?"

"Yes please."

30 Minutes Later

"How does this look?"

She smiles as she looks at the outfit

She smiles as she looks at the outfit. "It looks great. Not too revealing and not looking so uptight."

"Thanks, I h-"

I hear the door open and hear my mother come in.

"Kamaria, I have some f-"

As she sees Vivica, her smile disappears from her face. "Hello Vivica."

"Hey Jackie."

"What are you doing here?"

I interrupt their conversation and say, "We were just talking about things."

"Yea just talking. And Kamaria, you should take this purse, it goes great with the outfit. I should get going though. You're going to be just fine!"