Chapter 23

"What is this Kamaria?"

My stomach sinks as he shows me the picture of Terrell and I. "Baby, it's not what it looks like, no-"

"Nah don't baby me. This from earlier today isn't it."

"Yes, but nothing happened between us!"

Micah scoffs at me and get up from the table, going back inside.

Following him, I take his hand and plead, "Micah, please believe me, I'm telling the truth!"

He begins to get frustrated and shouts, "How can you continue to lie directly in my face talking about nothing happened and the evidence of you with that nigga is right here?!?!"

I cross my arms and remain quiet because I couldn't prove to him nothing happened.

"And to believe I did all this for you while you were with him. I'm done."

His last sentence took me aback as I shout back at him, "Done?!?! What do you mean by done?!"

Without responding back to me, Micah goes out the door and slams it causing me to jump.

Later

Three weeks have gone by since Micah and I had our fight and he still wasn't letting up. I hate to admit it but I've been feeling lonely without his presence.

We haven't spoke since the argument but ironically, Tina paired us to work together on the final presentation on child labor with the board.

Even though I want things to go back to normal between us, I'm not going to apologize for something I didn't do.

There was a light knock at my door and I instruct them to come in; it was Micah.

"Morning."

"Good morning."

"I'm here to start on the presentation."

"Alright, let's get started."

Micah walks past me into my office and I could smell the Chanel cologne he knew I loved on him.

"Do you have any thing to start with?"

Nodding, I take the paperwork I collected out of my file cabinet. "Yea, I found some statistics that can back our argument."

"Okay."

Micah begins to look in his bag and mumbles, "I know I put it in here..."

"What are you looking for?"

"My laptop."

"Are you sure you put it in there? You used to leave it on your counter a lot."

He raises his voice stating, "I'm sure I put it in here!"

Who the fuck is he yelling at?

My eye brow raises and I cock my head saying, "Why are you getting loud? I'm just trying to help you out."

"Well I don't need your damn help."

Slamming the paperwork down, I exclaim, "Well you can do this project without my damn help then! Coming in my office with all this damn attitude, just get the fuck out."