Chapter 20

My mind is literally running crazy today. I keep thinking about Diane's murder and to make things worse it is Mother's Day. Every year, it feels more difficult to deal with. Seeing the gifts others give to their mother's is fine. However, what gets me is seeing children show their love they have for their mother. Not understanding that feeling is pretty hard...

In addition to that, It's been 2 weeks and like I figured, nothing has been done to get the justice Diane deserves.

Diane's husband came to their house right before Micah and I left that afternoon but it's a bit peculiar he arrived so late.

Then again, he was taking it pretty bad when they explained to him what happened. But why was he not there when police were first arriv-

"Ms. Miller, do you agree or disagree?"

I snap out of my thoughts and look around dazed on what was said. "Um, can you repeat that please?"

The head panelist Tina says, "I asked the other CEO's how are we going to combat child labor within the beauty community. As we all know, Timothy Banks, one of our own, had to step down from his position due to being exposed for using the labor of children. How can we ensure that this will not happen again?"

"Well we should know what ingredients are going in the products and know where they are coming from."

"Your other fellow panelists said the exact same thing. I see no one is thinking outside the box today, so this meeting is adjourned. We'll meet when everyone has FRESH and INNOVATIVE ideas ready."

I tried to hide my face of disgust and attitude as we wrap the meeting up. Tina didn't even have to do all that. She's always trying to find a way to embarrass someone and I can't stand that about her.

Micah comes over to me as we were leaving and asks, "It seems like something is on your mind. Are you alright?"

I tell a white lie and say, "Yes, I'm ok."

Micah takes my arm and pulls me to the side softly. Looking directly in my eyes, he says, "Baby, you know you can tell me what's going on. Every time we attend those meetings you're on top of it so I know you mind is on other things."

He must have that aura thing to because he always knows when I'm not feeling myself.

Sighing, I say softly, "Its really a hard day for me since it's Mother's Day. Then everything with Diane...I'm just not feeling the best."

Micah nods. "You sure you want to stay at work today?"

"Yes, I'm just going to leave early for the day. I have to stay a little busy to keep my mind occupied."

"That's cool, just come on over my house when you done."

"Will do. I love you."

He gives me that goofy smile he has and replies, "I love you to."

It's the small things he does that just makes everything wrong in my life so right...

As I returned back to work, my mind started to drift away from bad thoughts to good ones. Thinking about Micah and I's future together placed a smile on my face and made my heart flutter.

Once again, someone interrupts my thoughts asking, "What's got you smiling in here?"

I glance up from my laptop to see Terrell leaning in my doorframe, carrying a small box.

"Thinking, that's all. What's up?"

"Mind if I come in?"

"No, come on in."