Chapter 11

"I want everyone to be included in this commercial. Black, latino, white, everyone. Not just one demographic."

"That seems like a good idea Ms. Miller but I don't think we have the budget to hire any models. We used a large amount on our last commercial which paid off though."

"I saw that in the last meeting, but I was thinking about using regular people. It'll make it more simple but complex at the same time. And I want them to be paid greatly. I really appreciate them."

"Alright, I will get right to it and have it done by tomorrow."

"Thank you so much Julian."

He leaves out of my office as my mother comes right in after him smiling hard. She has something up her sleeve, I can tell.

"Hey my beautiful daughter!" She hugs me as I look at her confusingly.

"Um, hello? How are you doing today?"

"I'm doing great, but you will be feeling better after your date!"

"My date? What are you talking about?"

"I set you up with a date with James."

This lady has lost her mind...and who the fuck is a "James?"

"Mom, I though we discussed about not getting into my personal life."

"Yes and I said I wanted the best for you. And I think jumping back into dating is the best for you because...your 30 now! I want you to be happy with someone else again!"

your 30 now! I want you to be happy with someone else again!"

I roll my eyes and try not to say something smart like usual. "I understand but setting me up on dates with strangers...no."

"I met him at the award show. He's a nice guy. Let me show you a picture."

She shows me a picture of James and I can't lie, he was attractive but I wasn't going to admit her that. I'm not even going to try to get out of this because knowing her, she will drag me to that date.

"He's ok."

She smacks her lips and says, "You know he's better than okay. He's cute!!! The date starts at 3 so I suggest you go home and change."

"What's wrong with my clothes now? I think I look great."

She cringes slightly. "You look okay, it's just not date appropriate."

Well I wasn't prepared for dressing date appropriate...

"Alright fine, I'm just going to get this over with."

1 Hour Later

I arrive at the restaurant and observe the scene. It was a very nice restaurant which I was used to but it felt different when someone else was taking care of you like this.