Chapter 4

"Cheers!"

My "friends" and I clink our drinks as we throw back our shot. It was always something about dark liquor that had me feeling like I'm on the top of the world which was where I was.

"That cute guy over there is staring you down Kamaria."

I look over slightly at the bar to see Micah once again looking dead in my face. I turn my head to face him fully as he looks away.

"He's been acting like that all night. He's giving me weird vibes."

"Girl, he's not weird, you're the weird one because you're not used to guys giving signs they want to talk to you."

"If he wanted to talk, he should just come over here."

"He's probably intimidated by you. You just won Most Diverse Makeup Company of the Year!"

I scoff and roll my eyes slightly. I hate when they boost my head up. I know I am successful but treat me like everyone else. Don't keep reminding me about my work life all the damn time.

"Intimidated? He shouldn't be intimidated by anyone knowing who his momma is."

"Who is his mom?"

As soon as I was about to answer, Vivica comes over. "Congratulations again Kamaria." She looks at them and ask, "Not to interrupt the fun, but may I borrow her for a second?"

They nod as I go off to the side with her.

"So Kamaria, I've been getting some auras again."

Why does she keep bringing this up? She only mention things repeatedly if they are important.

"What kind of auras?"

"The same ones from earlier. Something big is going to happen and I want to help advance that."

"How are you going to advance it?"

She smiles and hugs me. As she hugs me, she whispers, "The time will come. It's going to be soon darling."

I widen my eyes and take a sip of my drink. She must didn't take her medication today or something.

"Well I got to get ready for this big debut so I'll see you later. Ta ta!" She then smiles and walks away. What the hell could she possibly be talking about?

I try not to think about it much because I didn't want it to mess up the night. After she left, I continue to have more drinks. This party was just getting started!

The Next Morning

I open my eyes to see I was in an unfamiliar bed room. Where the hell am I? I look around at my surroundings but the plainly decorated room gave me no clues. Micah then comes in the room.

"I see you're finally awake."

I frown slightly and get out the bed. As I'm getting out of bed going towards him, my head is pounding and I stumble a little. "Why am I here? What did you do to me?!?!?"

"Calm down, I didn't do anything but help you. I think you should be asking what you did do to yourself."

I ignore him and pick up my phone which was on the dresser next to me. Damn it, it was 12 a.m and I missed my flight. I had millions of missed calls and texts from my mom. I don't even want to think about dealing with her when I come back to the office.

"You want something to eat? I made some pancakes."

"No, all I want to know is how did I get here."

"You were drunk and you're so called "friends" left earlier than you. I didn't want nothing to happen to you because you were getting sloppy drunk so I brought you here. And I think you need something to eat to relieve your hangover."

I roll my eyes and start to put my shoes on. He hands me a plate of pancakes. Surprisingly, they were really good, but that didn't change my mind about him bringing me to his house.

As I'm eating, there is breaking news on tv.

"This morning, Vivica Dawkins has some very surprising news to tell her supporters."

I look over at Micah to see him shrug as he drinks his coffee.

"Good morning to one and all. I have some very good news but may be surprising to some. I am stepping down from my position at Beau Monae and handing it down to my son, Micah Dawkins."

Micah spits out his coffee as he looks at his mom speechless on tv. He looks over at me and asks, "Did you know this?"

"No, I was about to ask you the same question."

He starts to pace around the kitchen panicking. "I don't know anything about owning anything. And her makeup company?!?! Why would she pick me for this?"

I start to think back to last night as I remember Vivica telling me, "Something big is going to happen." But I don't see what her stepping down has to do with me.

"I don't know why but I have to get going. I'm really busy today."

"You don't need a ride?"

"No. My driver is coming to get me."

"Why would you ask your driver instead of letting me take you?"

"I really don't know you that well."

He smiles and says, "You got in the car last night though."

I scoff and fix my hair. "You just worry about how you're going to run your momma's company instead of getting in my business."

I hear a car horn outside telling me it was my driver. "Well that's him."

As I'm stumbling trying to get up, he hands me a Gatorade. "It will help you regain the electrolytes you lost last night," he says.

He's such a smart ass. Why is he doing all this extra stuff over someone he barely knows? I give him and fake smile and grab the rest of my things.

"No thank you? "

"Thanks I guess." I walk out the door to the car. Once I'm in the car, I watch him out the window giving me a small wave with a smirk. Ugh, look at him. Just weirding me the hell out. I guess the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.