Rose opened her mouth before my dad could even get a response out, "Going over there? Rafe, you haven't been home in days."

There it was. I knew this conversation was gonna take a turn at some point.

"Okay? You let Sarah run around with Topper for days on end, so what's the issue?"

Sarah gave me a look, but I just shrugged, not caring to bring her into the conversation.  She never gets in trouble.

"This isn't about Sarah, Rafe. I just think you should probably lay off being alone with her so much, or bring her over here. I'm sure her mom doesn't appreciate you being over there all the time."

God, Rose always knew how to piss me off. She doesn't even have the slightest knowledge on what Hal would prefer, or that her mom would rather Hallie be home anyways and let me stay over there with her.

"You don't even know what you're talking about Rose. Hallie's mom might stay gone, but that doesn't mean that she isn't updated almost every hour on what we're doing. She literally told me on the phone last night that she was glad I had been staying with Hal since she couldn't be home. I know you're trying to play parent right now, but I'm not stupid. If her mom didn't want me over there, I wouldn't be, okay? So drop it."

I watched as Rose and Ward's faces fell at my words, but I could care less. It wasn't like I was lying, all of that was the truth and nothing but. They could honestly be as mad as they wanted to be, at this point.

If I felt like Hallie or her mom wanted me out of their house, I would leave in a heart beat, but I had received nothing but love from them both, meaning that they obviously seemed to like my presence. I wasn't about to be somewhere that I wasn't welcome, and of all people, Ward and Rose should know that. Especially since last summer, I practically moved out because they hated when I was at home.

I couldn't even stay there any longer and talk to them, not wanting to encourage anymore of an argument, instead I just turned on my heel and went back upstairs. I grabbed a bag and piled some extra clothes inside, along with some other things, before heading back to my bedroom door.

Just as time would have it, my phone started to ring and Hallie's name was popped up on my screen.

Thank God.

"Hey Hal."

I could hear her talking to Sadie through the phone, "Sadie sit, please. Sorry Rafe she heard your voice through the car and now she's losing it."

I laughed as I heard Hallie's dog start barking, obviously I wasn't helping.

"Hold on."

Not even a few seconds later, I hear her voice a little clearer come through the phone, leading me to assume that she must have taken the call off the bluetooth.

"Anyways, I'm so sorry."

"You're fine, did you get everything taken care of?"

"Yes! Thankfully. I actually ran into JJ at the hardware place and he helped me pick out the locks. It went well with the cops too, my mom just has to go by and sign the form when she comes back this weekend."