Chapter 13

Tomi's POV

I was dumbstruck when Glazie said she knew about it and this time she sent in my account details. I was really confused.

"Girl, stop thinking about it. I met Emeka like last week when I went on a date with his friend, Philip."

"And I'm just filled in on this," I say, disappointed.

"I'm sorry, you were dealing with things at home and with Chike and also your so called rapist. Whateves, at least....," she pulled my hand closely as we lay on the bed.

"I filled you in with money." Glazie cups my cheeks in excitement.

"Oh please," I say, still not happy Glazie has made him think I'm all about the money. Fine, I can be desperate at times but not to this extent that his apology would be with money. It's just like being paid for the sex. How do most girls even feel comfortable after a guy hands you money after spending the night with him with you having the thought that you are not hook up babe.

"Tomi, get your shit together and forget about that chike guy oh. Oja ti wole. Oja gidi." (A good market has entered- meaning a guy who can take care of your needs (in this context)

Glazie wouldn't let me think of what I should use the money to do. First she took me to ikeja city mall. I still didn't understand the need of why we are going there but Glazie always comes up with her imaginations and ideas.
'Who knows we can see one fresh boy here, but still make we chop life. Na only one life we get ." She always reminisce that line. (We only have one life. Let's enjoy to the fullest)

"Did Philip give you money?" I asked, looking at how her mood had suddenly changed to excitement all day.

"Yeah, we even came here actually. We went to oceans basket. Their sea food is top notch but fucking expensive. Like, I was just looking at him as we swiped his card to pay in Forty three thousand. It was as if that money should enter my 49 naira account.

"How much did he give you, Glazie"

"Hundred thousand naira, girl. So when I say I'm here to stay I'm here to stay. She holds me in excitement.

"Glazie, did you sleep with him?!"

"No! I'm still a virgin, girl. But yeah, he wanted to then I started reciting a poem on how I don't want to get heartbroken and we should take things slow. This guy is fucking rich."

"Just be careful, friend. I don't feel good about this." I say, still worried.

"Maybe you should send yours to me if you don't want."

"No be juju (spell) be that." I laughed out.
I was definitely happy I could eat what I wanted at the moment. Everything feels like a mirage but I didn't want the fun to end.