Chapter 2

Tomi's Pov

"Stop putting others feelings first and think about you."

My friend Glazie, always told me this when I'm at crossroads.  It's just something that affects me a lot and it really irritates her. Just like Chike, I want to break up with him but I don't want to hurt him. I just pondered each time on how I could relieve myself from this situation. Chike is a good guy and he deserves better than this. I'm not good for him. I'm going to tell him the truth now.

I walk towards him after the long talk with my friends. The atmosphere, the breeze.... everything was weighing on me the moment I called his name. The truth was hard to let out.

"Babe, you got too many friends, really." I knew what he meant by that. I have a lot of friends that will mislead me. But I feel, I had no friends has such. I really don't.

"Chike....," I took a deep breathe. "We need to talk."

"For the first time ever, my babe sounds serious. I heard a new mall opened not so far from school. Why don't we get some junks and talk there. It's been a while we spent some time together." He made it totally worse as he thought of treating me on a nice meal. How possibly will I have a good digestion and then tell him it's over between us? I can't break up in such a way. No, it will be so weird. I promise to tell him tomorrow but right now I just wouldn't miss this hangout.

Glazie- how did it go? The b-up?
I got a text from Glazie after getting out from the mall with Chike.

Me- He took me out. I can't do it now.

Glazie- You're unbelievable, Tomi. Why does Ice cream have to change your mind? I know that's why you delayed it.

Me- Uhh... Not really Glazie. I just don't want to hurt him.

Glazie- oh please. Excuse just for the goodies. Just stop messing around with him and get over it. Bye.

I roll my eyes at the thought of Glazie thinking she knows what's best for me. I already made it clear, I will tell him tomorrow. There's no rush.

And it went on and on.....till there was certainly no need to tell him about the break-up. The gist had gone far and beyond the moment I told a friend one time about my plans.

"Is it true?" Chike asked me, trying as much as he could to control his feelings. He wished I could tell a lie about the rumours but I just couldn't breathe any longer.

"What did you hear?" We stood across the field while Ruky and my other peers engaged in sport activities. I was just an audience. I hated sports.

"Stop pretending, Tomi! I hear it everywhere! You want to break up with me, right? Right?"

"Yes, yes! It's true." I covered my face, taking and digging my hands back into my hair. I was going to get an head ache.

He looked shocked and surprised to see the girl who loved him so much to be the same girl who would say such.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He said faintly, trying to get a grip of himself.

"I was looking for the right time. " I sigh, feeling relieved getting this burden off my chest.

"Well, you got it now, Adeola Tomisin  Claire." He turned his back at me, fighting off his tears and walked out of me slowly.

To be honest, I'm so happy he found out because I never had the courage to tell him. The thought of being free and finally single gives me joy. I felt great that I'm out of a relationship. All I just want now is to have fun and I just got it.