Chapter 1

Tomi's POV

Going back to school had been a confusing moment for me lately. One moment I was excited to be relieved from the prison cell I call home, another moment I don't want to work my brain out in school. I just can't think. I can't even remember the last time I picked a book. This year really screwed me up. The best time i had only was going for a trip called westcosels during February. It was fire.

I deliberately resume on the second week, feeling it was so weird to show up at school on the first day. It's not like all lecturers would also take you serious and I'm trying to do, 'I know a lot', or 'I'm a scholor' on campus. I'm on second class upper and trust me it took a lot to get there studying English language major in Lasu. 

I could definitely remembered my first time at school. I laugh as i picture myself again wearing those outdated leggings and a yellow top with some writings on it. I looked like someone coming to sell bread. I would never use such pictures as throwbacks. My friends would mock me all over again. I was just getting over the 'deeper life tag' i had since 100level. It was a church name mostly used at girls to judge their dresses and 'ark of covenant' Ruky used to call me. I was bad at make-up so much that i thought bronzer was used as foundation. And my brows was nothing to write home about. I wouldn't blame myself that much in terms of using bronzer on my face because i got confused one day when i saw a lady at the market looking so bright and shining. 

I meet my friends under the tree close to the history class building and there my eyes sighted Chike, 'my boyfriend'. I just wished i could turn back or go left or something. I need to escape this but i couldn't. I have been ignoring his calls for the past one month and i really don't want to have a discussion with him this morning. I just want a good vibe and clearly, the day is ruined.

I smile at him as my long seen friends crowded me with hugs and our eyes wouldn't leave each other. How could i have had a change of heart? Chike loved me endlessly and i wouldn't forget how crazy i get just losing sight of him for a day. And in a few months, my feelings changed. 

My friends engaged me into their conversation, speaking of their lockdown experiences not giving me the chance to set things straight with Chike. I promised myself i would tell him the truth the moment we meet. I just couldn't keep hurting his feelings. He deserved better than this.