Chapter 5

'Boys are distractions'

I know boys are distraction. Maybe not to all girls but trust me,. It affects me a lot. I just don't know how to joggle boys and academics all together. I've got to put my mind on one and right now my mind is on that boy I met last night. His man figures, he's hot looks and just the way he gripped my waist made me feel like a woman. I wish I stayed over, you know at least for once in my life I should break some rules. I'm tired of being the good girl. I just want to be free.

"You all have ten minutes more in this test." I hear the lecturer say loudly which brought me back to my senses.

"Christ!" I whisper yelled as I focused back on my paper and wrote as fast as a fan wheel. I couldn't fail this course else I would have to do a makeover.

"I really don't understand what's up with you, Tomi." Glazie discussed with me as we were headed to cafeteria to eat. We had planned to eat jollof rice, moi moi and an egg and probably top it with a fifty naira coke. One funny thing Glazie did at restaurants is that she takes a sachet of water without paying making sure no one is aware. She's feels adding 10 naira will spoil her money. There's nothing Glazie wouldn't do to surprise me.

"I don't understand what you mean?" I asked confused on what she was getting at.

"You were out in class for like ten minutes, Tomi. You were thinking of that boy last night, right?" She squeezed her face in disgust.

"And why would....." My eyes caught a young looking fair guy in the same cafeteria when we were just about to seat down. Glazie looked confused and she saw I was lost.

All my mind could wonder was how a guy could be so cute and hot as this. My head was burning and I should have probably been drooling just by this look of his. How the hell is he so cute like this. Not even Chike or my high school ex beats this. Fuck, he's mine. I wish I could pour all my excitement to Glory but I could just get in trouble with her loud voice.

"All that nonsense in your head, ko Kon mi ( it's none of my business) Sha try and let him pay for our food so that I can buy shawarma." Glazie says carelessly. Well, I'm not amused but all I could think of was pray this guy hits at me. God of Cupid come do your work!

I hadn't taken nonetheless than four spoons of jollof rice when he's at my table.

"Hi, may I join you?" He says directly to me and just nods and says 'Hi' over to Glory.

I swallowed my excitement and controlled myself. I was the happiest of them all.

"Sure." I state, digging my fork into the rice and eating it like someone who is trying make an impression. Of course, I'm doing that.

"Hi, I'm Emeka, saw you from afar." Let me do the proper introduction. Emeka is 5'8. Fair in complexion, cute dimples, looks like someone who works out, his holding an iPhone 13 in his hands right now and one that got me intoxicated, lastly, his pink lips. He is just the one for me.

"Geez, all Emekas are players." I say with a laugh. Making it obvious it was just a joke.

"Wow, I get that a lot. Don't assume all are you know. Example, me here. And you are?" He asks me.

"Tomi." I give a light smile.

"And this particular Tomi is so beautifully born." He says with much seriousness.

I laugh it off, not believing that lie he just said. Truth, I know I am beautiful but I wouldn't just let him know I believe so to. We girls like to be flattered, hearing those sweet remarks about ourselves.

"I'm serious, Tomi. You are beautiful. I'm not trying to get into or something. Just stating the fact. So, I'm hosting an house party on the island. My birthday is this Friday. Would like you both to come over and hopefully, we get in touch better.

"Umm, we can't c...." Glory almost ruins it all.

"Oh you can't come on heels right. It's not a big deal, Glory."

" Nice meeting you both." He shakes hands with us. Glory non verbally calls my attention, reminding me to figure out how I will make him pay for the food we ordered.

"Same here." I smile.

" So, is this all you're having let me settle the bills and hopefully take you in my ride to where you headed at." He says bringing out his wallet, going over to settle the bills.

"We're through." I say, leaving half my food since I didn't want to waste his time.

In few minutes, I'm in his white Lexus  and all I could to do was overcharge my head with excitement.