Chapter 11

"Love cannot be erased"

Tomi's POV
I didn't know the much damage I had done to Chike or had noticed if he ever showed up at school. I had been busy solving out my own problems.

It was today I noticed after a test in text linguistics I realized he never showed. I asked around until the hoc (head of the class) told me  he had gotten ill few days ago. I was devastated and filled with guilt that I caused on him. Chike barely got sick. I picked my bag, heading to his house to check on up on him. I sent a quick text to Glory to sign for me in the next class.

Once I got into his house, I rushed to his room since no one was there to answer me only for me to see his ex, Sarah, spoon feeding him.
It was already late for me to leave unnoticed as I was faced with an awkward tension around me.

"Tomi," He called my name faintly, surprised to see me.
Sarah turned around not feeling happy to see me. We have a little history.

"Oh, Tomi," she sounded faint.

"Umm, I haven't been seeing you around so I thought I should ummm... check on you." I try picking the right words. All I just wanted was to leave here as fast as I could. I couldn't stand Sarah for one bit. Regardless of me ending things with Chike, I still felt a strong effect of jealousy sprouting out of my body. Sarah was...a lot different from me. Speaking of body features and all others, she's perfect. A perfect girlfriend for every guy not until I took the one guy she ever loved deeply. Sarah and I were friends at freshman year. Chike and Sarah had been dating since high school until I roughly fell in the way of their relationship. And now here I am becoming an ex.

"Thanks, Tomi. I'm happy you came." He mustered strength to speak.

"Umm... I will get going now since Sarah's here. I'll hit you up later." I walk backwards, turning front and watching my steps.

"Tomi...wait." Chike's voice put a halt to my tracks. My heart raced, confused on why I even came here in the first place.