twenty-five!

>:)

Tommy felt like he was floating. June had just kissed him, and wasn't doing it as a joke??

He knew it was ridiculous, but his first thought was Holy shit. And then Pog, of course. He was tired had those were his automatic responses.

June pulled away, and stared up at him. "We should go back inside," he whispered.

Tommy nodded, flustered beyond being able to speak.

They went inside together, and June settled back into Ranboo's arms. The asleep boy didn't stir, only hugged him close.

He wasn't sure what Ranboo would think if he knew that June had kissed Tommy, and he wasn't sure what Tommy would think if he knew that June had kissed Ranboo.

And June frowned as he realized that he still hadn't told Tommy about his gender.

He'd have to get on that soon.

But for now, June let himself fall back asleep peacefully.

~

June rubbed at his eyes as he got up, now alone in the bedroom he'd shared with Ranboo and Wilbur.

He could hear Phil scolding Tommy and Will about something, so he slipped on one of Ranboo's hoodies, tucked his phone in the pocket, and went out.

"No, you can't bake a cake if you don't know how to use the fucking oven!" Phil exclaimed, clearly amused.

"But Phiiilll," Tommy complained. He saw June and smiled, his posture straightening a bit. "Good morning!"

June smiled back, and sat on the couch next to Tubbo, who rested his head on June's shoulder. June pat the older boy's head to acknowledge him, and waved at Tommy and Will who were standing in the kitchen.

Ranboo was nowhere to be seen, which was a little concerning, but June brushed it off for now.

The morning passed, and Phil, Will, and Kristin all had to go home, much to June's dismay.

June gave them all tight hugs, then settled back on the couch with Tubbo, trying not to aggressively itch at his neck where Tubbo's hair was rubbing against it.

Ranboo was now curled up with his knees almost to his chest with his phone next to June and Tubbo while Tommy was splayed out on the other couch, watching a show he'd picked out that June was having a hard time understanding with all the fast talking and harsh British accents.

June ran his fingers up and down the back of Tubbo's hand mindlessly, feeling himself zone out.

Ranboo tapped June's thigh a few times until he looked up.

"Wanna go on a walk with me?" Ranboo asked quietly.

June nodded, smiling. He loved the walks they took together all the time back home. Most of them happened in the middle of the night, but he loved all of them nonetheless because it was just more time with his best friend.

Tubbo and Tommy had both fallen asleep, so June carefully laid Tubbo down, putting a wadded-up blanket under his head as a makeshift pillow, and they left Tommy be.

June found a scrap piece of paper and a pen, so he scribbled out a quick note telling them that if they woke up while he and Ranboo were gone that they were just out on a walk and to not worry.

He wasn't sure they'd find it too easily if he left it on the counter or table, so Ranboo found some tape and put it on  the tv where it blocked the middle of the screen.

June found himself reaching for Ranboo's hand as they walked, and they swung their arms between them.

Being in a new place with the the person he trusted the most made it seem less scary, and he felt safe as they walked around the city.

~

It really was quite odd when Tommy also asked June to go on a walk with him later that evening, but he didn't complain.

He could tell that Tommy was just as nervous as he was, which comforted him a little.

"Are we going anywhere specific or just wandering?" June asked, linking his pinkie with Tommy's to make him slow his pace a bit.

"There's a park nearby I thought we could go to," Tommy replied. June nodded, recalling passing one this way with Ranboo.

They went over to the swing set, and June noted another pair of people settle on the small hill at the edge of the park, having come from the same direction he and Tommy did. He didn't pay them any attention, however.

June sat down on one of the swings, and pushed off the ground with his feet. "Watch out," June warned as Tommy stepped in front of him to get to the next swing.

They swung for a little while, trying to see who could go higher. (June won, but only because Tommy nearly fell backwards and he didn't want to go high again.)

They sat on the swings, just talking for a bit, when Tommy stood up from his swing, looking a bit nervous.

June looked up at him, titling his head. "Everything alright?"

"Yeah, I just.. have something I need to say."

June smiled up at him. "Say it then," he encouraged.

Tommy nodded, and took a deep breath. "I know you might not feel the same way, but Tubbo insulted me earlier so I figured what better time to say it than the present?" He smiled sheepishly. "I really like you, June. And I'm sure that I haven't hid it well, but I know it means more saying it."

June's face flushed red, and he stood up as well. "Well if you like me, and I like you.. will you be my boyfriend?"

It was Tommy's turn to blush. "I was gonna ask! Ah, you ruined it, I had the confidence worked up and everything!" He joked, tucking some of June's hair behind his ear.

June leaned into his touch, and grabbed his other hand, lacing their fingers together. June put his free hand overtop Tommy's, and the Brit leaned down to press their lips together in a kiss.

Tommy pulled away, but stayed close still.

"Is that a yes, then?" June asked.

Tommy grinned. "Yes."