Enter the Dragons! CH-5

Start from the beginning

"There are sure a lot of dragon types here, so far we've seen Dragonair, a couple Dragonite, Bagon, deino and some Gible" Ash said to Gary.

"Yeah but the reason why we came here is that we could probably see some evolve! Rumours are going around that pokemon like Dragonair and Gible evolve around this time of the year." He said.

"SO COOL!! We can see them evolve!" Ash said with sparkles in his eyes.

"Yeah but remember, they can't spot us!"

"Right!"

After getting through the thickest part of the woods, they found an open area in front of them with some Dragonair trying to fly up.
Most of them succeed and evolve into Dragonite, except for 1.

"Why isn't that 1 not flying up?" Ash asked while watching Dragonair.

"I think it can't yet" Gary replied back.

"What do you mean?" Ash asked.

"Well look at it, it tries to get up in the air but it can't. Maybe it needs a boost or something." Gary said while thinking

"A boost? You've got it!" Ash said as he stands up and slowly approaches Dragonair"

"Ash get back here before you scare it off!!" Gary said but realizes it's already to late.

Ash approaches Dragonair.

"Hey there buddy. I see you have trouble to fly, maybe me and Pikachu could help you if you want?" Ash said with a massive goofy grin on his face.

Dragonair is a bit scared at first but ultimately nods in agreement

Now Gary joins them aswell.

"Ash, how do you plan on helping it?" Gary asked

"Hmmm, come to think of it... I've got no clue!" Ash replied while scratching the back of his head.

Gary and the pokemon fall all in anime style.

Ash looks around to try to come up with an Idea and he sees some big rocks laying in a circular shape

"Let me think, how can we do this... Wait! Thats it!!" Ash yelled in excitement.

"What is it Ashy-boy?" Gary asked with a confused look on his face.

"Dragonair, I've got an Idea! Watch me ok?" Ash said confidently.

Dragonair nodded

"Alright Pikachu, use Electro Web on those rocks!" Ash yelled

"Pi" Pikachu said

Pikachu fires off an Electro Webb on the Rocks which creates sort of a trampoline

"Now, this will hurt a bit but I'm sure this will work! I'll show you how it's done Dragonair!" Ash said

"I get where you're going with this, Good thinking Ashy-boy" Gary said

Ash then Jumps on the Electro Webb and uses it as a trampoline to get higher but gets electrocuted in the proces

"You see Dragonair? Now I would likr you to try it!" Ash said while covered in sooth

Dragonair decides to give hit a try too but the electricity is too strong so it falls to the ground.

"You alright Dragonair!?" Ash and Gary said simontaniously

It nodded and is determined to continue.
After a couple hours of trying and lots of pain they finally manage to get Dragonair in the air high enough for it to start flying. After that it starts to glow blue and white, changing shape into a large orange dragon with small wings.

"You did it Dragona- I mean Dragonite!! Finally!" Ash shouted in excitement.

"We did it Ashy-boy, all together!" Gary correct's Ash while letting out a soft chuckle.
"Anyway Ash the sun is gonna set in a couple hours so I think it's time to head back"

"Yeah I guess you're right Gary" Ash replied.

Ash releases Charizard and Gary releases Pidgeot. They both get to the sky to fly back to the beach where they flew from towards Dragon Island. When they reach the beach they hop off and they recall their pokemon. Then they set off towards Viridian forrest by walking since their pokemon need a rest from the 1.5 hour flight.
Suddenly Ash notices something following them.

"Gary? Something is following us.." Ash said a bit nervous

"What are you talking about Ash?" Gary asked with a curious look on his face.

"Didn't you notice it?"

"No?"

Then when they are about to continue walking Dragonite drops infront of them and catches them into a big hug.

"Dragonite! What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be on Dragon Island?" Ash asked

"BAAWRHH" It replied

"Huh?" Ash thought.

"Isn't it obvious Ashy-boy? It clearly wants to come along with you" Gary said.

"Is that true Dragonite?" Ash asked Dragonite.

"BAAARWWHHHH" It replied while nodding.

Ash then takes out a pokeball and taps it gently on Dragonite's head who bowed his head forward for it.
After 3 shakes the pokeball clicks.

"Welcome to the team Dragonite!!!" Ash yelled happily while doing his pose.

"Pika-pikachu!!" Pikachu said while jumping up for the pose

"RIOOO" Riolu said while trying to copy Ash's pose.

Gary was laughing after seeing that but also happy for Ash managed to get another strong team member.

‐‐‐‐---------------‐‐‐‐---------------‐‐‐‐---------------‐‐‐‐----

This was Chapter 5, it took me a bit longer to make but nontheless I hope you enjoy it!! Next chapter we'll get a reunion 😉