Chapter 6

I’m lying on the couch when my eyes open to find strong golden, stretching flames erupting from burning wood, warming my cold body, despite being wrapped in warm blankets, the room where I am is colder, and it crawls through all my spine until I shiver.

I

rubbed my eyes, I can sense movement in the room, and a glimpse of a shadow crosses my vision as I did so, the figure is trying to be silent, most probably not to wake me, but the strong light and warm coming from the fireplace hitting my face had just done that.

The smell of peppermint and green apples filled my nose.

I turn so I am lying on my back, my gaze facing the ceiling, my conscious and thoughts are slowly coming back to me. I stretch and a yawn left my lips. I sat up straight and opened my eyes to take in the room.

Malfoy is near the kitchen zone, his back to me, and when I look at the window, I see nothing more than pure white and fog blurring it, extinguishing all the light that could bloom into the room.

I moved so I was sitting at the edge of the conjured bed, a movement Malfoy caught sign off, since he looked over his shoulder at me.

“Excuse me, I didn’t mean to wake you.” He said, and I could sense the honesty in his tone.

I didn’t reply, and stood up from the bed, quickly conjuring clothes so I wouldn’t be on my pajamas. Turning, I do the same to the bed, and turn it back into the usual couch as always.

I look over the clock, it’s way past seven in the morning. “What happened?” I ask looking at the boy in the small kitchen zone. “You didn’t go to check the wards today.” It wasn’t a question, I knew he didn’t, Malfoy wouldn’t let me stay here by my own, even asleep. “Don’t tell me you were waiting for me to wake up. You’re not that type of person.” I state jokingly.

He turned to me now, he was dressed in black leather pants, with a long-sleeved black shirt, tight to his body. A ghost of a smirk played over his lips, two mugs in each of his hands. A smell of coffee and sugar fill my senses. “Even though I don’t like to disturb the others persons sleep, unlike what you think, no, it’s not that.” He stated calmly and starts walking forward to where I stand. “In case you haven’t noticed, which you obviously didn’t, there’s a storm outside.”

I look around, and when I focus, I can hear the wind outside, like a high-pitched scream, a howling hitting the door as if trying to bring it down, from the window I can clearly see the snow being pulled by the air like if stretching to east with the cold blows from the wind. It’s such a storm that the corners of the glass had freeze from cold, and no sunlight perches from it, only a vast white cover it. The fireplace flames are also more turbulent, burning intensely, lighting up the room.

When I hear the strong thundering of the wind, I found stupid how I didn’t notice it when I woke up.

I saw Malfoy already sat in the couch, placing the lugs into a small table separating the couch from the fireplace. “So, unless you want to freeze to death outside, or perhaps ending up being buried by the snow, we can’t go check the wards today.” Malfoy explained, and looked up at me.

I noticed I was still standing, and though twice before I sat next to him, putting enough distance between us both.

Malfoy grabbed both mugs from the table, both of the color of deep, dark grey, his eyes found mine in the instant he directed the mug in my direction. “Coffee?” He suggested, raising an eyebrow.

I eyed the mug carefully. My hands stayed still.

He noticed my hesitance. “It’s not poisoned if that’s what you’re wondering.” He commented, and I raised an eyebrow as our eyes met.