Chapter 37

I felt myself coming to my senses and slowly waking up, some light I took as being daylight coming from the window disturbed my eyes and I turned from side to obscure it, my arm searched for a body near mine throughout the sheets, but I found nothing, and that did make me open my eyes.

I rubbed my eyes, if only to confirm that I was seeing right and Malfoy was indeed not in bed. I sighed and let my head fall in the pillow hopelessly because I knew exactly where and what, Malfoy was doing.

I stretched my body and heaved a yawn before I stood up from bed. I conjured some clean black pants and searched for Malfoy’s drawer for some clean hoodie and merely grabbed the first one that appeared, a forest green hoodie.

I made a quick job of fixing my hair and I stopped at the closed door of the bedroom and opened it, only to see myself facing Malfoy first thing. Propped up on the desk, his head on top of his arms with his eyes closed, filled with forming dark-circles, and a mug at his side, completely empty, only with the remaining stains of coffee by the sides.

I sighed disappointedly, at least he didn’t spend the whole night in blank, he did sleep, I know he did, even during the night where I was waked up by some noise or something, I knew he was there, besides me. He wasn’t here for long, and he did end up falling asleep again, however, I was still disappointed in him, but not surprised, for as I was already foreseeing it.

I should let him sleep.

I grabbed a random book near him and slammed it right on the table, starling him, and waking him up with a jolt.

He looked around firstly, eyes wide with fear but then he spotted me and my clear disappointment marked all over my face and he let his shoulder drop, knowing quite well the scolding he was about to have.

He sighed. “Edens.” He started.

I remained quite and my expression nonchalant as he tried to explain himself.

“I know you hate me doing this and overwhelming myself with work and not sleep, but I think I’m getting somewhere about what the last Horcrux is, I’m so close I know it. Besides I did sleep, so don’t start scolding me already because I slept with you pretty much the whole night. I only came here a bit earlier.” Malfoy said slowly, watching me all the time to see any reaction from my part.

My answer was simple.

“Good for you.” I said and walked away to brew some coffee for me.

“Edens.” He sighed as I walked away from him, I completely ignored his voice. “Edens.” He called again.

I kept walking towards the kitchen zone. I heard Malfoy stand up from his chair.

“Edens?” There was uncertainty in his tone and I heard his steps nearing me when he got no answer from my side. “Edens, talk to me.” He begged as he stood right next to me.

He grabbed my arm gently to stop me from moving and I let him turn me to face him.

“Let’s work on the Horcruxes.” I said.

He furrowed. “What?” He asked confused.

“The sooner we do this, the sooner all this ends, the sooner You-Know-Who is finished for good and the sooner your obsession stops.” I stated firmly. “And two brains usually work faster together than one alone.”

“Wait, no.” Malfoy stated and tilted his head still trying to find my eyes. “No, we are not working with you mad at me, we need to talk.” He said.

It was true, but I would like pretty much to just avoid the whole talking stuff. I could try to dissuade him into not talking, but he knew me and he would keep insisting on talking before we begun to work.