32|𝗟𝗶𝗮𝗿

Start from the beginning

"I hate myself for this and Im beginning to regret my existence but I feel like this is the right time to give this to you." He says quietly, not looking at you.

"What?" You ask, amused as he shows the box he'd been holding and opens it, revealing two matching rings, one with a thin purple streaks running throughout, the other one red.

You look up at him, confused as his face turns red, he shoves the box in your lap, "I saw you looking at a picture of matching rings, so I thought you'd like this cringy shit." He said and you smile, holding the box in your hand.

You look at the flustered boy infront of you, and he swore you could hear his heartbeat as his ears burnt with embarrassment.

You hold up the ring examining the silver that has a lining of red that glows beautifully under the lights as you smile, sliding the ring on your ring finger.

Your smile drops as the ring stops, refusing to go down any further.

The ring doesn't fit you.

"Katsuki.." you say, tears gathering in your eyes. Upon hearing your voice he quickly looks at you, "what's wrong?" He asks, cupping your face with his hand. "It doesn't fit." You say quietly, holding up your hand.

He smiles, "fuck, I thought you didn't like them." He sighs in relief, and pulls your hand towards him. "Sorry I should've told you sooner, this is a special fit ring, it's made specifically to fit a certain finger." He smirks, Sliding the ring out of your ring finger.

Then he slides it on your middle finger.

"Done." He smirks, and you look at him, confused. He chuckles and wipes your tear away, "I told you this ring is special, I ordered it for your middle finger so everytime some moron hit on you, you can show off your ring and pull the finger on them simultaneously. And you wouldn't get told off, cause you're just showing them your ring." He wiggles his eyebrows as you laugh.

He smiles at you, and gives the other ring to you, motioning you to put it on his finger. So you smile, holding the purple ring and sliding it slowly on his middle finger.

He smirks, now showing you the middle finger, "would you look at that?" He says proudly and you pull the finger back, "pretty nice I'd say." You tease and you both laugh.

"I can't believe you cried over the fact that it doesn't fit you." He said and you roll your eyes, "shut up." You say and kiss him, pulling back to take a breath.

"I picked purple for myself since its your eye colour, and red for you cause its my eye colour. Don't ask why, I just thought it'd be cool I guess." He said and you smile, "They're perfect. Thank you." You say, and he could tell you were genuinely happy, from your soft tone and from the fact that he could see your nose do the stupid wiggle that he always looked forward to seeing.

He was pleased with your reaction, and despite how embarrassing this whole situation was he didn't regret it one bit.

Truth be told, those were costume made rings that cost him 5 months of his allowance, but he didn't care. He bought it as a promise and a reminder, that you're here, and that he'd protect you no matter what.

"It's just a way to remind you that I'm always there I guess, and for me to remember that you're here aswell." He said and your smile widens, and you leap on him, making him fall down back on the bed, "fuck the homework, wanna make out?" You say and he licks his lips, pressing them on yours.