9|𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗕𝗿𝗶𝗱𝗴𝗲

TW: SUICIDAL THOUGHTS/VERBAL ABUSE

"Are you sure you don't want to stay longer?" mirko said, stopping the car as you arrived infront of your house.

"yeah, I'll have to face her eventually, I can't just keep staying at your house. Besides, I have to go to school tomorrow." you swallow, as you stare at your house.

Its been 2 days, and your suspension is over tomorrow. You don't really want to go tomorrow either since its the sports festival, and it's not like you'll be participating anyway, so what's the point?

" Call me if anything happened okay?" mirko says in a serious tone. You could tell what she's implying.

Mirko used to admire your mother, you both used to watch her on TV as she fought villains.

But not anymore, Mirko knows about the way she treats you and she's completely against it. So much that she hasn't even visited your mum in a few years. Whenever she came to visit, she'd just pick you up and hangout with you outside, she'd never go inside your house.

You nod and hug her, and exit the car.

You were scared, your chest felt heavy and you could barley walk straight. When you texted your mum letting her know that you'll be staying with mirko, she didn't respond. She just left you on seen, which is even scarier than her calling you and screaming at you.

You were terrified of her silence.

With one final look back at mirko who's sitting in the car, looking back at you, you open the door and enter.

The house stinks of alcohol and cigarettes.

Your mother doesn't drink.

Your mother is sitting in the living room, a bottle of whiskey in her hand as she stares at you. Her eyes are bloodshot red, she's breathing heavily as she glares at you.

Or maybe she does.

You don't dare utter a word, just looking down on the ground as you wait for her to yell, to scream at you, but nothing.

Just silence.

And nothing is more terrifying than silence.

Slightly looking up, you see as she's still glaring at you.

You open your mouth to say something, but she suddenly stand up and starts walking towards you.

She stops right infront you.

"Monster."

You look up at her, her eyes dead and empty of any sort of emotion besides resentment and anger, and perhaps even fear.

"Mum-"

"Don't call me that!" she screams as she throws the bottle at you, the heavy bottle misses you by a strand of hair and smashes into the wall, the sound of glass shattering fills the house as you flinch.

"why did I have to give birth to someone like you?" she growls.

Tears gathering in your eyes, you just look back at her.

This isn't your mother. This isn't the loving, happy, cheerful mother that raised you, cherished you and raised you.

"why do you hate me so much?" you whisper, as a sharp pain pangs in your heart.

She raises her hand and slaps you so hard, your face gets thrown to left. Your skin burns from the sensation as you raise a shaky hand to touch your cheek.

Your mother never hit you, she may have been killing you with her words but she never raised a hand on you.

[It's because you're nothing to her.]