Chapter 35.5: Reason for Leaving.

Start from the beginning

Sister Porfolia has just been sending reports of how the orphanage was doing.

Utterly useless.

"My sister has her own reasons. I hope you don't mind her. I heard she usually feels unwell these days since... our mother has passed recently."

The first princess looked distant. Somehow she wanted to cry for a moment inside but... she just couldn't. She didn't want to look vulnerable to the person she liked so she did her best keeping in there.

Kein hesitates to speak but manages to mutter, "I'm sorry for your loss."

The first princess gives the traveling artist a polite smile before shrugging it off, "Don't be. People come and go. Mana deficiency is truly a rare sickness but I'm sure..."

She stops for a moment before having the urge to puke.

This hasn't been the first time it happened. The first princess holds herself out of panic trying not to look improper. She covers her mouth with her hands, already smelling faint with iron.

"Princess-" (Kein) notices what happens and tries to come up to her in a hurry.

"Stop- I'm fine." (Princess Cecilia) lets out a smile after many deep breaths, she curses in her mind. Of all the times it has to act up it has to be when she was with the traveling artist.

"It may have something to do with what I ate today." she uses it as an excuse but she knew damn well what was happening to her.

Kein looked so confused and worried for her. Princess Cecilia felt her heart beating faster when she looked at her that way with those deep light blue eyes that reminded her of the sky. "Princess, I know you're not fine. Let me find help-"

Someone else comes over with a maid outfit. "I'll take care of her highness. I'm afraid she's in no condition to continue. Please, visit again another time."

Princess Cecilia looked over to her side and realized Kazari was watching the both of them. She walks up to the first princess protectively, "She needs rest."

Kein looks at the first princess before looking at Kazari. "I should at least see her out-"

The two of them stepped forward. Kazari blocked her way, "No. This maid will take care of her highness, trust me. She just needs rest." (Kazari) further insisted, Kein didn't believe the maid in front of her.

Kein was about to refuse but the look on the princess made her hesitate even more. The first princess looked like she was in deep pain in her eyes. It was full of shame and humiliation for someone to see her in that state.

She knew exactly how she felt, "Your highness while I trust your maid. Would it be alright to leave?" (Kein) stands up waiting for an answer.

The first princess still looking at a horrible state could only nod. Kein sighs looking one last time. "Take care, Princess Cecilia. I'll visit another time."