Chapter 15: Love Readings-

Kein's POV

We went inside the store, the familiar sweet perfume scent was everywhere and you would definitely think it was a normal store at first sight.

There was the cashier, bottles full of labels, and people just browsing items like it's any normal day in the store.

"Come inside our store. It's where I do my daily readings."

I look at Rose who was holding my arm excitedly as her deep gray eyes look into mine. "Kein? You alright?"

"Yeah I was wondering actually why are we following a stranger inside their home and even if she's a old fragile blind woman. This is super sketchy don't you think?"

I'm sorry Rose but-

This all screams red flags. Even if this is [Magicare] a well known store for their high quality brands of healing, beauty, and anti-aging products. This grandma who claims to be one of the owners is... weird.

Rose giggles as I say something funny, "Oh Kein, you worry too much. I know she's an old follower of the light goddess, a foresight!" (Rose)

A what now? "What's a foresight?"

"These are people who have been blessed with a rare kind of blessing where you can see, read, and foresee someone's future or life if they are powerful enough. It's called umm... I know I studied this before..." (Rose) thinks for a moment before snapping her finger as if finally she got the answer.

"[Clairvoyance]... I think. We can ask her later actually but I can feel that she was a former shrine maiden. We both have a connection to the light after all." (Rose)

Clairvoyance? And connections... This other world is amazing.

They are all connected by magic.

By this Goddess.

There are many more gods but are they all what their scriptures tell them to be? The light goddess full of justice, wisdom, kindness, and guidance. Her teachings include good morals for all the people to help each other and not harm one another.

You know despite being all that we're allowed to kill animals as long as we respect them and kill only enough. Is what I read from the other book I borrowed from Lenard, shrine maidens are vegetarians...

If I remember correctly, didn't Rose eat some skewered meat back at the festival?

Oh no I can't believe I offered a shrine maiden that's supposed to be vegetarian meat- Is it an offense- but she hasn't said a word about it so I guess it's okay.

"Rose, if something happens I want you to run." I told Rose but she smiled waving me off.

"You're being too cranky, Kein. Trust me, this grandma is not like that." (Rose)

I crossed my arms and sighed. I can leave but who knows what'll happen to Rose. I have to stick around for a while because even if she tells me she's just a blind old fragile grandma.

On earth, they target the kind ones.

Those con artists who play the role of a helpless grandmother eating your guilt, pity, and making sure you're being caught on their string.