Chapter 5: Punishment.

Kein's POV

I looked around the art shop and got invested in a lot of things.

"Acrylic paint!"

"Don't tell me these brushes are made from horse hairs! They're smooth."

"I need that canvas in my life."

I've been feeling around the shop for God who knows how long. They also had background reference books and I bought some of those. "Thank you for the purchase!"

I counted how many gold coins I have left. 7 gold coins left from the paint and five more medium sized canvases. I happily started walking back home only to see that the sun is close to setting down.

The only problem is— it's already getting late and it's merely hours before dinner time.

Time to run.

And so I did. I ran as much as my leather shoes can take me. Heck, I can feel it already being worn out.

I ran and ran and ran.

This is torture!

This world didn't even have any bicycles in it! I could try making it myself but I don't have the proper materials like the metal gears and rubber for it... I'm going to have to face the punishment properly from the looks of it.

When I got back into the mansion half breathing I immediately sneaked out into the abandoned shed and left all my new painting materials and canvases there. "You'll be safe here, my precious expensive art materials."

I also took an old blanket and covered them up neatly. Now to the kitchen—!

.-.-.-.-.-.-.

"May I remind you what time it is?" (Head maid) asked while holding a stick on her left hand.

"I don't have a clock so I don't know." I told her honestly and she didn't exactly take my reply kindly.

"Mind your language!"

She hits me right in the knees, looks like I gained another red mark. I can't talk formally to people I don't have an ounce of respect for.

Especially ones who hit children with a stick this badly that it leaves a scar. For the past month I've also been hit by the same stick in the arms, wrist, and shoulders.

"I had enough of you. Now, you better have learned your lesson." (Head maid) tells me as she settles down the stick in a nearby desk. "No dinner for you."

I rolled my pants down and got out of that room as quickly as I could. I closed the door silently as I saw Lenard with Lucas.

"Oh! So— the trouble maker is making trouble again. Haha! What a loser with all that scars on you no one would even bother to marry you!" (Lucas) laughed while Lenard looked away but I can see his sincerity in his eyes. It's like he's saying sorry with it and honestly it's fine.

I've heard worse.

I smiled at Lenard and ignored Lucas who kept following me while walking to my room. "Aw... Is Kein gonna cry to your mommy? Oh rightttt. You don't even have one in the first place." (Lucas)