Chapter 21: Throw him off, my love!

Kein's POV

Duke Wolford boldly entered the stadium with his fine white horse that ran around the moment it stepped in, making the crowd excited that a noble will be playing. "Yeah! Whoo!"

"Go Aurious Knight!"

"Hey I bet one hundred and fifty gold on the Duke."

"No way a sloppy Duke like him must just be sitting at the table drinking fancy wine. I bet my money on the Aurious Knight whoever he is."

Well, I think some commoners have their own favorites as well as their choice of person to bet on who will win. The grueling realization that some do think of nobility as leeches on to commoners for taxes.

Well for me as long as one of them gets thrown off the horse it's all fine.

Ahem, after all getting thrown off the horse is ten points! So might as well!

Lenard looks like he's more focused on the game than Vincent. I really should remember to ask what happened to these two later.

The Aurious Knight bowed to the Duke as both went to their places. The aides changed their grand guard plates as the war horn blew. "Lance!"

"My lance!"

The aides offered their lances as the two riders grabbed it and then tucking it into their sides. The horses trot hastily as both competitors faced each other head on with no fear. "Whoever this Aurious Knight is amazing." (Lenard) muttered as I leaned in closer.

"Why is he amazing?!" I shouted amidst the loud cheers of the people behind me. Man they are so loud like me!

"Because! Everyone on Duke Wolford's enemy has surrendered apparently!" (Lenard)

"Wait really?! All of them?!"

"Yes! I saw on the leaderboard before this is the finals! Everyone of his enemy raised the white flag! But this Knight is facing him head on!" (Lenard)

Right! This is actually the finals!

Every other Knight who was supposed to battle the Duke has cowardly ran away! Endangering a noble is after all a risk. Meaning imprisonment or death. "Man the guts of this knight! Now I really wanna fucking see who wins."

I looked back again to see that the Duke has poured his magic power into this lance. "Wait, is it just me or is that ice?"

I squinted my eyes to see the tip of the lance has manifested a sharp ice shard at the top. That honestly looks like it could stab someone. The Aurious Knight has already poured his own magic having the lance now have the tip similar to a trident that was made out of water. "Isn't the Aurious Knight in a disadvantage here? Won't his water magic be frozen?"

Lenard shrugs and looks like he doesn't know what will happen as well.

The Duke's lance successfully pierced through the grand guard as expected the water in the trident had turned into ice breaking into tiny pieces. "Duke Wolford one point!"