Chapter 28: When a lady says no.

Kein's POV

I was offered a job by the Baron, thankful I accepted.

Honestly, anything that could keep me away from selling my paintings would be great. "This will be the next week's provision for the orphanage home for all ages." (Baron Hills) points at a cart with two horses in tow.

The provisions were in wooden boxes covered in thick clothes. "I would accompany you but I have to go to a meeting in the capital. Alfred will be accompanying you today."

I stare at Alfred who keeps on a serious face replying to the Baron. "As you wish, Master Hills."

Baron Hills looked happy as he gave me a letter with his dove symbol on it, "This is for the head sister that is taking care of the orphanage. May I count on you to bring it to her?" (Baron Hills) offered me the letter as I awkwardly took it from him.

No offense, this letter looks really important. Is it really okay for me to just... have it? I look at Alfred and it seems like he doesn't mind it at all.

"Yes, Baron Hills, I'll get it delivered to her." I answered as I placed the letter into my [Storage Ring].

I came back to my room to change my clothes, I peered through my closet full of second hand clothes from Vincent that were just the right size for me and since we're going to visit the orphanage I'm not going to wear anything fancy.

I decided to wear a black long coat. Now I look like a mini butler, some pants, and gloves.

We we're set to leave in a few minutes as I looked at the lavish horses Baron Hills had.

They were muscular black stallions, tall, and well mannered horses. I kept my distance away from them, being in awe of their admiration. I have never ever ridden a horse- what's it like galloping and just riding one to victory I wonder?

"Miss Kein, are you struck by Lady and diamond's beauty perhaps?"

I look behind me seeing the source of the voice. "They are a tank of stamina. Master Hill's second greatest treasure of all were these horses." He walked up forward casually to the two horses as the both of them snorted.

Alfred pats their mane making me a little envious that he's really being familiar with these horses.

In my old town on earth. I lived in a little province where horses were rare so every time I saw one I would always curiously wonder what petting a horse felt like.

Other than frogs, horses are my second favorite animal. They are on par with frogs, that's for sure. I walked to Alfred's side as I asked, "Can I touch their manes too?"

Alfred nodded indifferently from my request as he raised me up gently, my short childish body could not reach. This will be the only time I will allow anyone to lift me up. I reached out my hands on those soft black manes, they are well taken care of from the looks of it. "Alfred, who takes care of the horses? Do you have a stable boy or something?"

I asked, just in case I would want to keep a horse in the future because I mean- horses are so elegant and cool.