Chapter 20: Spell Jousting.

Kein's POV

"Can I come with you?! Spell Jousting, what's that?"

I sat on the opposite side of the table as Vincent looked relaxed even though he was being bombarded by my thousand questions. "So tell me is this spell jousting by its name where people have lances, stabs each other, and throws each other off on their horses?"

Please tell me it is what I think it is! Vincent holds his knife and fork elegantly as he begins to cut his steak placed by Nigel the hot butler from before, "You're quite close. It's to earn points, following the rules and especially not earning any penalties." (Lord Vincent)

"Oh..." I replied as I grabbed my own utensils. "So can I tag along? Is it okay? I have a lot more time to finish working on your family portrait so I can come along right?"

I mean how can I pass up seeing horses up close? And knights with lances trying to throw each other off?

Please, I would be an utter fool to try and pass that up. He eyed me for a moment before giving in, nodding. "Alright, I suppose your clothing at the present is already suitable if we would want to join my father. There are women who joined the ranks of knighthood; perhaps we could see them in action as well." (Lord Vincent)

"Alright! So when are we going?" I asked to take a cut of my juicy steak, the aroma so fragrant my mouth couldn't help but moan a little at the luxurious taste of nobility food. Definitely better than the scraps that they give me at Aunt Haren's care. Ugh, I wanna stay here forever!

I took another bite as I accidentally burped.

"We leave after we eat. Lady Kein, manners at the table. At least say pardon me."

"Ah right." I scratch the back of my neck awkwardly, "Ahem pardon me. The food was too good, definitely better than what I have back at home."

I recall back at the food they gave me. The head maid who punished me before gave me soggy bread, and a soup bowl that wasn't even warm it was cold. Another one was I found a bug in one of the food they gave me and that made me traumatized. "It's usually why I store some of the foods that have a long shelf life in my [Storage Ring] like beef jerky, or dried nuts. or bottled wasp honey."

I saw Vincent frown clenching his fists as he stopped eating momentarily before slowly turning his gaze towards me, "And you just took it? You didn't tell Lenard about it? The mistreatment of the staff towards you?" (Lord Vincent) looked mad and it scared me.

"Lenard. He did his best, he told the staff to leave me alone but since they have Aunt Haren's order- well at this point I should stop calling her Aunt and just Countess Haren. They wouldn't stop." I remember the burn mark at my back, my wrist, and my hip.

The remains of the fire magic that Madelyn, the maid who harassed me gave me a permanent burn mark even if Rose aided me by putting some burn healing ointment on the burn at my back.

Princess Cecilia who I visited due to me being persistent on wanting to paint her myself managed to completely heal my wrist leaving no marks.

I was thankful for these two, I should repay them again somehow. "Honestly, I'm glad even Lenard would try to stand up to his mother for a mere cousin that just came into his life for a few months compared to a mother who raised him for years already."