Chapter 33: Dark Magic.

Kein's POV

Baron Hills escorted us, giving his Pegasus horse to his assistant to take care of while Rose and I confusingly followed him not knowing what to expect.

"W-Will you be okay? Maybe I should try healing it again?" (Rose) mutters worriedly looking over my arm realizing that she was close to me. My heart felt uneasy.

I smiled awkwardly feeling a little fluttery that Rose was worried about me, I shook my head in response. "I'm alright, it's just a small wound." I told her and she frowned.

Baron Hills stopped walking, there was a carriage nearby. "I'm sorry to overhear both of your conversations but I'm afraid healing or any kind of magic will not work on Kein anymore. If... My suspicions are right. I'll explain on the way back home."

Home... Will Rose also tag along?

I stared at Rose expecting something but she was a little late on the realization. "Ah! I-I erm... actually need to go home too! Yeah! To my normal commoner house!"

Rose phrased the last bit dramatically but I ignored it. "I can escort you back home." I suggested offering my hand, she stops for a bit mildly tempted at the thought she even covered her face.

However shakes her head quickly and runs away leaving my hand empty. "No! No! I'm sorry it seems like I have to go now! Farewell!" She was halfway across the street when she stopped giving her a nice wave.

"Just tell me the next time you visit the orphanage! I'll be waiting!" (Rose) yells over happily as Baron Hills looks over to me giving me a weird grin.

"What?" I asked him suspicious of his smug smile.

"Perhaps young love is in the air?" (Baron Hills) said teasingly, giving me a gentle pat on the shoulder.

"Ew no." I crossed my arms in denial. I admit after the confession I've been feeling weird but... it's not like I like her that much yet.

We're not even past best friends yet. "Come on, Baron Hills. Let's talk already. I don't want you pressing in on my love affairs."

Baron Hills couldn't contain his laugh, laughing merrily leaving me blushing like a fucking tomato. "IT'S NOT LIKE THAT COME ON ALREADY!"

"But you said it yourself, 'love affairs'." (Baron Hills)

"Yeah but- no wait- I didn't mean to- it was at the slip of the tongue- UGH!" I was at the verge of breaking down for being called out on it.

I like her a little bit BUT only a LITTLE.

I know she likes me back but in this age it's not good to date this young.

Please save me from this utter humiliation. I need to live to read another yuri book, I desperately need it. "You two remind me of my wife and I. I was the one chasing after her, and she rejected me coldly but after a while she slowly-"

"I swear it's nothing like that!"