Side Chapter: Catherine.

Kein's POV

"Urgh where is the toilet in this place? Castles are so scary big..." I muttered to myself as I began to lose myself into these big halls. Living in a castle sure is fancy but it's so annoying having to walk more than fifty steps just to find a toilet.

I looked at my sleeves that were covered in paint, that goes the same from my pants and my hands. I looked at my right hand, one that had a really bad burn but the first princess healed it for me.

I smile, reflexively clutching and releasing the feeling of your hand no longer in pain is comforting to have.

I could ask a maid or a butler but... I can't find anyone on my way. I needed to clean up myself first and that meant going to some communal bathroom in the palace.

I mean the princess did send someone to escort me but at this point I got distracted by some beautiful painting in the back. I didn't notice that I lost them the moment I let my guard down.

"Maybe I should lay off painting for a while." I told myself giving a deadpan stare at the wall as I crossed my arms and continued walking.

I looked around left and right and after a few minutes I was seeing green- and oh! Flowers!

"White roses? There's white roses in here?" I briskly walked up not caring if this was considered trespassing but I haven't seen white roses in a while. Lenard would love these because he told me white roses were a symbol and offering for the goddess of light so it must be a sacred relic in this world.

It was really rare.

I chuckle at the thought you can get a load of these on earth. "Ah... then again we're in the royal gardens after all or something hmm... it wouldn't hurt to say I got lost and just ended up here after all. Might as well see what other flowers they have around."

Surprisingly, I enjoy nature and walks. I often teach my daughter about plants and memorize their scientific names. "Tulipa."

"Lilium."

"Hyacinthus."

"Phalaenopsis."

I muttered the names of every flower I recognized. I smile when I find a bush of red rose sticking out in the center of the garden, "Rosa."

I chuckled. "I remember someone really annoying with this flower." I gently place my hand under the petals as the touch reminds me of home. "The other flowers here look different. I'm glad to know there's still a trace of home. I miss it."

At this point talking to myself, I worry about my sanity and I just walked deeper into the garden but I stopped when I heard a weird sound.

*Busha Busha~*

"Huh," I don't know what was making the noise but- it seemed like someone was jumping for something. My ears perked up and tried finding the source of that sound.