Chapter 27: The rain is pouring hard today.

Kein's POV

Last night was horrible. Aunt Haren cursed me out of her home and demanded I leave right away. She kept banging on my closet until morning when I came out and decided that she's right.

While Viscount Lenois Yulien. Aunt Haren's husband. Lucas and Lenard's father.

My uncle-in-law.

If I'm being honest I never see him around. I was mostly guessing that he uses his time for work outside the mansion.

He tries to reason with me the moment I come out of the closet room, staring me down calmly, "Perhaps we can make a deal? The Yulien family will adopt you as the third child of the family. You are my wife's niece after all." (Viscount Lenois)

I crossed my arms as I looked at Lenard giving me a nervous look. I sighed in my mind knowing Lenard might be against me leaving but I have to do what I have to do.

Here I said families stick together but here I am leaving Lenard alone in a lonely place like this. Perhaps am I too selfish? "Whatever you offer, money, power, or a title to my name. I refuse to be adopted into the Yulien family as I said last night."

I told them firmly. Aunt Haren rolls her eyes pointing a finger at me. Even if she's such a bitch I have to admit, she's fucking smart.

Viscount Lenois just wouldn't give up however and just kept pushing me off.

Lucas finally spoke up as he glared at me, "She's a freak! She shouldn't even be in this family!"

"The things she did to me when I was away father! She insulted me behind my back! Hurt me so badly!" (Lucas) says dramatically to his father like a sissy.

Wait hold up, are you playing the victim card right now? The nerve of him! I showed the scars last night and he would still play the victim?!

Lenard defends me from his twin brother, "She's not a freak! S-Shut up! Kein is not like that!"

"Did I ask for your opinion? Nerd brother of mine?" (Lucas) retorted as he had a stare down with Lenard.

Lenard shrinks in fear right after that but still- My heart felt warm for the time he defended me. I whispered him a thank you before looking at Lucas giving him that look of disappointment.

"Lucas, that is no way to talk to your elder brother. Both of you compose yourself." (Viscount Lenois) had cut the two off from doing even damage and to my surprise.

Even Lucas is obeying his own father. I have seen him disobeying Aunt Haren a lot but this is the first time. I have ever seen Lucas so afraid.

"Kein Rosenguard. Let me ask you again." The viscount states placing his hands together looking at me seriously with his eyes. "Will you be willing to be adopted into the Yulien family? This is your last chance."

I smile proudly meeting the Viscount's gaze. "No. I don't want to be a part of the Yulien household. That's my final answer."