Chapter 27.5: Temporary Home.

Kein's POV

Baron Hills opened his umbrella letting me in, as we walked into his carriage.

He helped me up as we both sat down into the comfortable seats. He smiled as I looked out the window at the raindrops racing against each other.

Baron Hills looked at me worriedly as he asked, "Miss Rosenguard, is it alright if I pry more into the reason you were kicked out?" (Baron Hills)

Well it's not really very sensitive for me so I guess it's okay to tell him about it, "I got kicked out because I didn't want to get adopted by my Uncle." I answered him laughing a little. I found the whole situation too hilarious and I already saw it coming from a mile away.

"I've gotten too close with the Duke's son, Vincent and the first princess whom I've gained an audience with. Maybe he saw that as a reason to take me in."

Honesty is the best policy, Baron Hills just nodded as he sighs. "Your uncle, is it Viscount Lenois Yulein?" (Baron Hills)

My eyes widened for a bit as he hit right on the jackpot, "You know of him? I never saw him until like... just a few hours ago literally!"

"I've had several meetings with the man but I didn't know him personally. Although, he became too much after he knew of my close relationship with the Duke." (Baron Hills) explained as the carriage ride went on. "Both of us were royal knight students in the academy. Ranks didn't matter in the battlefield, so we had mutual respect for each other as well as comradery."

Wait, did he just say what I think he said? "There's an academy for knights here?" I asked in bewilderment as I remembered all my fantasies with the sword and the excitement I felt when I watched people jousted.

Baron Hills nodded, smiling noticing my excitement as he began to talk more about his profession. "I'm the eleventh captain of my own little troop. Due to personal problems I'm rarely out in the battlefield you see, the demon army is gradually drawing in but thankfully these months have been nothing but peace." (Baron Hills)

Right, there's other races aside from humans here. The typical fantasy races, like mermaids, fairies, elves, beast-folk, and just many more.

"Right, I've just heard a little about the demon and human war. Kind of cliché if you ask me. I've read too many light novels. I wonder if the demons here are truly misunderstood or just plain right evil..." I muttered to myself and earned a chuckle from the Baron. It seems that he heard it.

"One should hope to seek the truth, to find the answer. Perhaps, one day when all is well. You can venture the demon lands yourself and form your own belief." (Baron Hills) answered wisely as I nodded.

"You're very wise, Baron Hills. I like you a lot!" I told him as we both laughed feeling the air lighter than feather as we both talked more about our lives. Having a talk with someone my own mental age is rather comfortable.

"You're very responsible and smart for someone your age." (Baron Hills)