23. In campus

Putting my hood on I looked down while walking through the corridors. I was taking big steps so that I could pass the crowd of students as soon as possible without having to encounter anyone on how a handsome boy just dropped me off at the entrance while yelling, 'See you soon, babe.' Gosh, I hated him more as all the girls had drooled over his one look and then threw gossips at each other about me. I was an introvert and the whole college talking about me was making me uncomfortable too.

The first three periods went smooth as the professors came just after me so no one had a chance to dip in the pool of questions and on other hand even if I knew the people around me were talking loudly to make me listen to their bullshit I didn't bothered to give them any reaction, considering them as bullshit they were not worth of my time.

Now, it was a break of half an hour and just one more class for today then I wouldn't have to face anyone. All thanks to the temporary bodyguard whose first visit aroused a chaos around me.

I didn't had appetite so now I was in the library to get myself a book for the project work. I was going through the shelves when I heard.

"Soyoung is such a bitch. She acts tough like a tomboy but look at her, getting a boy like him. No way he could fall for her."

"Exactly, had she even saw herself in the mirror? That oily skin and clamped lips looks like zombie. I don't understand what he saw in her?"

"She's all boy, maybe he's gay" They both laughed and went away. I was their clutching the book tightly in my arms. I knew I wasn't pretty nor did efforts to apply makeup. Moreover, I didn't knew how to react, half of th people thought of Jungkook too good to be with me and the other half were assuming him insane or gay.

I pressed my eyes closed and took a deep breath before going to a nearby table to sank myself into the contents of the book. No matter what, I didn't had to give any explanation to anyone, they didn't cared about anyways.

I was going through the book when I felt someone sitting beside me. I looked up and found Yugyeom.

"Haven't seen you in a while?"

I nodded. "Don't ask, last months had been hectic." He giggled and shoved out his books to read, providing me company. I didn't mind, though. We often study together. He was the caption of basketball team, that meant, quite popular in campus but his clever mind easily escaped the eyes of girls. He liked to study and therefore came to library where any of those fantasy girls don't reach for him. That way no one knew we studied together.

The bell rang and we had to part. We had different majors but since we were a part of student council so we had a communication.

Hence, I stepped to next room where I had to attend the last period of Mr. Hyun.

He came at right time and started teaching us the topic but I was too distracted from the murmurs and glares I was getting. It looked like all the students were staring at me, even though they they turned their heads away when I caught them gawking. Last ten minutes were left and I was impatiently chewing my nails, already ready to go back home.

"Soya!!!"

I snapped out of my day dreaming when I heard a familiar voice shouting out down the window. Not only me but most of the girls leaned on the window to witness Jungkook standing right down in the campus waving his hand at me. "When will your class end? I can't wait to be with you."

My classmates, especially boys started teasing me with few whistles and glares but it wasn't my concern as Mr. Hyun was trying hard to not burst in anger as I could see him holding the marker way tighter than before because of disturbing his lecture.